Spektrum Throttle not starting motor till half stick

Tony

Staff member
Hey Lee, the arrow is only showing what position the switch is in. The menu in the picture is normal flight mode on position 3, which is 50%.

OP, as stated, you need to make sure your T Hold is at 0 all the way across. Just in case.

I'm starting to get baffled by this one... This is weird.

Wolfman

Ok guys good catch but Tony was right it was just registering that the hold was on, didn't check it after getting it out of the case! Checking the curve on throttle hold reads 0.0.
I still can't find an EXPO setting for the throttle.

Tony

Staff member
I do not believe there is an expo on the throttle. You set your own curve, so that takes out the expo option. So, no expo on throttle.

sometimes setting up a new model will cure a LOT of issues that is hard to find.

Wolfman

Yes it did! Motor starts right off now:encouragement: I haven't got all the settings in yet, Aileron and Pitch are plugged into the correct slots on the receiver yet are working opposite? Tail towards you pitch is on the right?

Randy

Lee

It a good plan to always have a copy of your settings in another model menu, just I case things go wrong.

Tony

Staff member
Aileron servo is on the right when the tail is facing you and pitch is on the left with the elevator in the rear. Post a video of what it's doing and we will be able to tell you exactly what to reverse to make it work correctly.

And that is what I love about the DX8. Once I find a GOOD setting that I like, I can back it up on my computer. Just in case I destroy the Tx, I can just upload it straight to the new DX8. Yeah, I will buy it again lmao.

Lee

If the swash is tilting left when you give right aileron, go into the swash mix menu and change the aileron from a neg to a pos or vice versa.

Wolfman

OK Tony I had those reversed, as soon as I can get a video of it I will post so you can see what is going on!

Top Bottom