Spektrum Throttle not starting motor till half stick

Wolfman

Ok guys I was checking my wiring while the mainshaft is out of the bird. In checking the direction of motor I raised the throttle stick up to spin the motor, and had to go to half stick before the motor started!
What did I do wrong?
It is a DX6i and the AR6210 reciever, and 450 clone

Randy

BOKI

Wolfman My Dx 8 is set up so you are about 50 % stick before it really starts to go ! But I don't know what your throttle curve is set at! I have a Trex 450 Se V2 ! The receiver on mine is AR6100 ! Dave

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Easy fix. Turn your Tx on and raise the throttle stick all the way up. Make sure the blades are OFF the heli for safety. Then, plug in the helicopter. On the first series of beeps, lower the throttle all the way and you will hear the ESC initialize. This will set the endpoints in the ESC. I say take the blades off because you have to listen to the ESC beeps, and you cant' do that if the motor is unplugged.

Good luck and let me know if it works.

Wolfman

Sounds like a good thing to do while I have the mainshaft out!

Thanks I'll let you know what happens.

Randy

Tony

Staff member
Even better having that shaft out. Then there is nothing but the motor spinning and no chance of the tail blowing the heli around. That tail can do some damage, ask me how I know hahahahaha. Let us know.

Wolfman

Ok Tony I'm back, I have done exactly as you said waited for the first series of beeps, lowered throttle all the way. Still no motor till 1 notch above half stick. Any thing else to try?

Randy

Wolfman

I have the throttle curve set the same as you said L 0.0, 2 25. 3 50, 4 75, H 100 . I thought the same knew I was checking it, I know it spun immediately when I shut the controller off and it ate me up, that is why this surprised me!

Randy

Tony

Staff member
Hard lesson to learn, but you should always unplug the heli before shutting off the Tx, and always turn on the Tx before plugging in the heli. No matter what, the Tx should be on before and after the heli is plugged in. We have all done it at one time or another.

I'm not sure why this ESC is not starting until mid stick. If you have a monitor menu on your Tx, go into it and look at what the Tx is sending out for the throttle. With that curve, it should be linear.

Wolfman

Ok how do I do that Tony, the monitor has the display. I found it throttle is going from 1st mark to the 5th mark the ones in the middle. Throttle cut position is inh.

- - - Updated - - -

Tony could that be in the pitch curve? At half stick it is at the point it starts to increase. Settings are 45, 47.5,50,75,100%.

Randy

Wolfman

Tony here is the monitor setting. 20130327_214257.jpg

Randy

- - - Updated - - -

Tony here is the monitor setting. 20130327_214257.jpg throttle is all the way down and all the rest are centered.

Randy

20130327_214257.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like you have your expo at +100% from what you were saying. Take your Expo back down to INH on the throttle.

Wolfman

Ok the marker on top of the first line goes from the first mark to the 5th mark, the one under the first line goes from halfway between 2nd and 3rd to just past 4th.
Second line; top marker goes from just past 2nd to 4th.
third line; top marker in the center doesn't move with the throttle or any other stick, bottom marker goes from just past 3rd to almost to the 2nd, it moves in reverse.
All measurements taken just moving throttle stick from low to high.
I can't find an EXPO for throttle.

Randy

Lee

I think if you go to the throttle curve menu, you'll see Expo on there some where. I'm in bed, so can't look at mine now. :D

Tony

Staff member
Can you take some in focus pics of yoru throttle and pitch curves? This has to be a curve issue IMO, we just have to be able to see it to know what to do next.

Slobberdog

What's your throttle hold curve set at, without looking at my tx doesn't the arrow on the throttle curve screen mean that throttle hold is selected, I will look in the morning as I am in bed at the moment,

Lee

Your throttle hold is wrong. It reads 50%. That means if you hit throttle hold the motor will continue turning at half throttle. Set throttle hold to 0% and reset your ESC. See if that work. Cause if you are in Throttle hold when starting, the ESC isn't seeing low throttle, so it won't arm.

Top Bottom