Other The Spirit Pro thread..........

murankar

Staff member
If your using a new dx black radio, check that the Specktrum logo lights up. If not you may have radio issues.

Smoggie

I think this may be the issue, but how to fix it?
View attachment 15458

So it is the Pro you have?.. strange that the software seems to think that you have a 'regular' Spirit. how many satellite ports does it have? (pro has 2, normal Spirit has one)

Have you tried binding to a spare model memory? A couple of times in the past (with other FBL controllers) I've had problems binding after a FBL reset and the only way i fixed it was copying the heli setup in the Tx to a spare vacant model memory and rebinding to that new memory.. Then after a successful bind I deleted the original model from the memory. Don't ask me why this was necessary but it has worked for me in the past.

trainrider06

So it is the Pro you have?.. strange that the software seems to think that you have a 'regular' Spirit. how many satellite ports does it have? (pro has 2, normal Spirit has one)

Have you tried binding to a spare model memory? A couple of times in the past (with other FBL controllers) I've had problems binding after a FBL reset and the only way i fixed it was copying the heli setup in the Tx to a spare vacant model memory and rebinding to that new memory.. Then after a successful bind I deleted the original model from the memory. Don't ask me why this was necessary but it has worked for me in the past.
I will try that, this is the damnest thing! I mean it bound right up at first, just don't get it, but have read people have had to do weird things in order for it to bind.
It acts like it's going to bind in fact, light solid on unit, SAT is flashing ready to bind, but as soon as that radio turns on to bind about 2-3 seconds the sat light goes out and stays out. I've thought about taking the sat that I wanted to use along with the wire, and binding the 500 program with the BeastX on the 450, just to get a bind with the reciever itself. Then see if it shows with the Spirit, but afraid that'll screw something up. It's definitely something kicking that bind off the SAT I think. I'll see how it goes with the model copy deal though. Oh I wanted to mention also, when going back into the general program potion of the software, it does show saved DSmX reciever in the tab. So I would assume it is at least saving the setting there.

Smoggie

When you insert the bind plug are you putting it on the correct set of pins? You use different pin connections depending on if you are binding in DSMX vs DSM2. For DSMX you use the 'ELE/PIT/AIL' pins and for DSM2 you use the 'SYS' pins.

The other thing you could try just for testing purposes is to bind the sats to the Tx model memory using a standard receiver, than once they are bound connect them to the Spirit (shooting from hip here but it can't do any harm to try)

holtneil

Hi Rodney are you power cycling fast you don't have long to repower the gyro and hit bind on the transmitter once you unpower the gyro

Last edited:

Smoggie

I really wish I could be more helpful on this issue Rodney but I've only done a bind on the Spirit once, and it worked first time without issue. So my experience is limited to that one event. FWIW when i upgraded to v2.0 firmware i didn't have to rebind, my unit retained its bind after updating.

trainrider06

It's ok Smoogie, the place I bought it from a guy there is referring the situation to the Spirit tech department. I did actually get it to bind, in a back door way, I took the sat, and wire, plugged it into the BeastX on my 450 Pro, set model for my 500, and bound it right up! Then took the same bind plug, sat and wire I just bound and put it on the Spirit, didn't bind it, just initialized it as it would already be bound to the sat. It stayed bound that way. But now when I go through the wizard everything is saved except I don't have stick response showing on the program. I really think there is an issue of where it is getting crossed some how where the program is thinking its a Spirit and not a Spirit Pro.
I could just kick myself for resetting the unit initially! But old habits are hard to break! That's what I always do with my BeastX when changing things in settings concerning swash or servo issues. This one I reset because the swash compensation wasn't correct. But that shouldn't jack everything up like it did.

murankar

Staff member
Naw your fine. It's just that it would make more sense in the gyro section. It's basically so it can get found easier. Good info. New members wouldn't find it here, unless it's found through google.

trainrider06

Well hopefully poor Tony can get enough time to move it. Even though I am taking an azz whippin with mine I do believe it's a good unit. The manual isn't that great for setting it up, and with Smoogie, Neil, and others gaining more experience with it we should have a good base of help with it! Why I am hoping a fix for mine comes about because someone else wouldn't have to go through all this I have!

trainrider06

Update! The tech from Spirit contacted me today, i sent back answers to his questions so waiting to hear back from him!
:)

Top Bottom