Other The Spirit Pro thread..........

trainrider06

First up is this dilemma. The Spirit Pro is just a tad wider than what my AR7200BX was and it will not fit flat within the confines of where the BeastX sat. My idea is to use either double tape or I have a plate that I can affix with a very thin piece of double sided tape and use the regular tape supplied with the unit to mount it onto the metal plate that is placed onto the heli.
Ideas comments??
IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

Smoggie

Yeah, i use bank switching on mine. You need to map a channel to 'bank' in the receiver channel mapping screen.

holtneil

Hi Steve do a video please it will help me too

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Rodney. There are lots more ways to mount if you look in the pc software that's not in the manual

trainrider06

Hi Steve do a video please it will help me too

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Rodney. There are lots more ways to mount if you look in the pc software that's not in the manual

So is yours set up with the basic wizard Neil? This setup is a little intimidating to me since its new, and I am just used to the BeastX....:(

holtneil

Hi Rodney the new software is easy once you get started trust me ,make sure up update the firmware on the gyro as first job . Then go to the set up wizard ,if you hold the mouse over the sliders it will open a pop up and this tells you what that slider or opinions are used for , it's very much like the vstabi software which is one of the best out there
Set up with the wizard then fine tune on the main screen after test flight

Last edited:

trainrider06

Hi Rodney the new software is easy once you get started trust me ,make sure up update the firmware on the gyro as first job . Then go to the set up wizard ,if you hold the mouse over the sliders it will open a pop up and this tells you what that slider or opinions are used for , it's very much like the vstabi software which is one of the best out there

Ah ok i will check that out...kinda set it up I think? I wanted to run a vibration test on it though, so gotta figure that out, and the tail end points I am not sure about those either??

Smoggie

ok, so after going through the wizard and setting it up open the software and click on the 'general' tab. Down the bottom right of that screen you will see a button called 'channels'... Click the button:

That brings up this screen:
ScreenHunter_20 Mar. 11 18.02.jpg

'bank' channel will be unassigned so click on the drop down and select 'channel 7'. Now go and save your settings in the backup tab.

Now you have bank switchable from channel 7 so you need to map channel 7 to a suitable 3 position switch on your Tx. Usually you would map the switch to the one used for flight mode, that way when you change banks you also change flight modes. This lets you do stuff like having different head gains, flight styles and rotation speeds etc on each bank. Or you could have a bank with 'auto level' turned on and another with it off, or whatever you like.. it's a very powerful feature.

ScreenHunter_20 Mar. 11 18.02.jpg

Last edited:

trainrider06

ok, so after going through the wizard and setting it up open the software and click on the 'general' tab. Down the bottom right of that screen you will see a button called 'channels'... Click the button:

That brings up this screen:
View attachment 15452

'bank' channel will be unassigned so click on the drop down and select 'channel 7'. Now go and save your settings in the backup tab.

Now you have bank switchable from channel 7 so you need to map channel 7 to a suitable 3 position switch on your Tx. Usually you would map the switch to the one used for flight mode, that way when you change banks you also change flight modes. This lets you do stuff like having different head gains, flight styles and rotation speeds etc on each bank. Or you could have a bank with 'auto level' turned on and another with it off, or whatever you like.. it's a very powerful feature.

Ok thank you for that, it helps a lot! So how would I go about mapping a switch in my radio? I have a DX8. Also I have a question about my tail setup. I set it up doing the limits, my gyro was disabled in my radio when I did, so after I had very little movement of the tail, once enabling the gyro in the radio, I got my movements, but it says rate mode on the radio?
Is this supposed to be HH mode? or does it matter? Or is this supposed to be disabled?

Smoggie

channel to switch mapping is done in System setup > Switch select

Channel seven is called Aux 2 in the menu.

For the gyro you need to have a positive value (for example +50%) to activate HH mode. Negative values give you rate mode or can activates rescue or stability (depending on what option you set in the 'Stabi' tab on the software).

trainrider06

Ah ok thank you sir! Thats weird, because I think I was only running something like 36 with the BeastX. When I have it set in the radio I usually have my rates set on the F-mode switch, I don't even know if that was right to do...but the tail was always good through all three modes...
What is the difference in rescue and stability?
I have noticed that my swash compensation is not correct behaving also. Have the swash set to 120, and reversing the servos does nothing for it either, but stick inputs are correct in their actions. Should I change something in the radio for that??
I hate that I am bending your ear so much on this but I do appreciate the replies....

Smoggie

I usually use the rate switch to activate different gains too, at least once i have figured out what the optimum values are for each headspeed. 50% was just a example by the way, what you need varies heli to heli, start quite low and work up.

The Stabi modes are:
  • Rescue = 'Panic switch'. Flips the heli level and adds positive pitch to fly you upward out of danger
  • Acro rescue = 'Panic switch'. Levels heli to nearest orientation (upright or inverted) and adds pitch to fly upward out of danger
  • Stability = The heli auto stabilise into the upright position, intended for beginners to make learning easier.

If rescue is reversed (adds negative pitch rather than positive) then either:
  • You have the directions the wrong way in the Tx setup screen. It's very important that once you set the Tx so that the green bars in the software move the correct way you must not do any more channel reversing in the Tx. This is the screen where you set the channel reverses:
    ScreenHunter_20 Mar. 12 08.49.jpg
  • Or you have the orientation of the unit set wrong. This is the screen where you set the orientation (the images showing orientation are not the best IMHO)
    ScreenHunter_20 Mar. 12 08.52.jpg

ScreenHunter_20 Mar. 12 08.49.jpg

ScreenHunter_20 Mar. 12 08.52.jpg

trainrider06

Thank you soo much Smooggie! You should volunteer to write manuals for these FBL controller companies for half wits like me.....for a small corporate nominal feel of course! :) I really ran into some issues last night with this thing, I thought I may as well do a factory reset on this thing and just start from scratch! Well then I ran into an issue with it not binding!
I am fixin to try something I found last night. By the time I found it I was already cross eyed, pissed and locked and loaded to just take a hammer to all of it!

I don't know what happened because when I first did the setup actually everything went pretty smooth using the Wizard, but then I ran into the swash compensator issue! Then I found or actually looked at the FBL location section just as you posted, and realized I had the unit on top but backwards according to the manual and pin locations of the unit (mine is mounted top but pins rear toward the tail, which would be Horizontal 180 degrees? Please correct me if I'm wrong here!).

As far as binding issues, I ran into this info on possible cause which I am going to try in a bit....
http://www.rc-help.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15246&d=1450522975
I don't understand what happened between initial setup when I got it bound the first time and now after doing the factory reset. But something did.

I also noticed the wizard setup instructions are a bit different compared to the older versions and the 2.0.
We'll see, gonna try it here in a bit! :)

Smoggie

The other thing to watch when binding is not to have the Tx too close to the receiver, keep the Tx at least arms length away.

trainrider06

I just tried again to bind it, to no avail...I don't know what is going on here!
The sat light is flashing rapidly, status light solid red, as soon as I go to bind it, the sat light goes out, status light on unit remains on.
I even tried different sat wires, a different sat still the same result! When I go into the menus the settings are saved to DSM/X sat, so it would seem that it did save it.
I'll try getting further away to bind it. Very strange!

Top Bottom