Micro The Oxy 2 Sport On 215s

murankar

Staff member
Here is flight 8 on the little Oxy 2. Flying on a Vbar Neo without Pro features. I have a lot to learn about tuning with out the pro features. A lot of stuff is turned off. I am really loving this heli. I had been looking at it for almost a month without flying it. I thought it was going to be a great kit and, well it is. Now I will say this it is a micro heli. This kit not stretched is a 190mm kit. Mine is the Sport which is stretched to fit 215mm blades. My kit came with a set of 190mm mains and a set of 215mm blades. I used the 215mm blades because of disk loading. More to come in the next video. Oh, it did not break. There is no oneway on this kit. So I get to show you all what happens when you hit TH while flying.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Yeah I forgot it does not have a one way.

Thank you. This little guy flies great. Love it so far. Started working on my nose in and turning in towards myself.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I have a second video rendering right now. I also have 2 Oxy 3 videos that need a down and dirty edit. Those 2 flights were a little off. Still trying to figure out the tune on it. Just when I think I am getting close things go to pooh.

murankar

Staff member
This is flight 2 of a back t back flight. I think this Oxy 2 is going to re-spark my interest in this hobby. This little guy is real fun to fly, IMHO.

murankar

Staff member
I have taken quite the liking to this little guy. I will say though I will need to be upgrading the Neo for it. Not what I wanted but it is what it is. When I do a full collective punch out the tail spins 360 degrees. There is a setting that is not right in the governor. On the OXY 3 I had to take out all the governor pre comp to help eliminate the tail kick.

Overall this guy is a nice helicopter to fly. I have, in the last 5 days really stepped up my skills on it. I have gotten to nose in hovering, turning towards myself not just stop and turns but almost coordinated turns. I have begun the approaches to doing a stall turns. It all needs polished for sure but in 5 days I have really surpassed what I thought I would be doing. Yes I know video or it didn't happen. Today was 12 flights just flying and worrying about video or anything on the OXY2. the OXY 3 is a slight different story. More on that in the other thread.

Matt

Hi URI, can you post a link to the kit you bought to build this? Would this need an additional stretched tail or would the kit include this stretch tail?

murankar

Staff member
No it comes stretched.

Frame

OXY Heli Oxy 2 Sport Edition Electric Helicopter Kit [OXY2-S] | Helicopters

Electronics kit
Lynx Heli Oxy 2 "Essential" Electronic Combo [LYX3000] | Helicopters

Those 2 items is everything you need to fly minus the batteries and FBL. You will need a micro FBL for it. The only full size FBL that works is the NEO, that I know of. You will also need a 1.3mm hex driver and green thread lock. The thread lock is for the motor pinion. It is not set screwed. Also invest in the pitch tool set for the kit. a time saver.

I am running 860mah 3s packs and get around 5 to 6 minutes depending on head speed.

If you go this route I will tell you, either the motor bullets need replaced or the esc bullets will need to be replaced. I swapped out the motor bullets since i had some laying around.

Last edited:

Matt

Awesome. Thank you. How does it fly? It’s probably out of my league right now but could be a nice replacement for my Trex 250.

murankar

Staff member
Its a great I would recommend it for you. One thing to note , you may also want to order extra servo arms. I broke a set on a bad landing. There is no one way so you have to land before you hit throttle hold. I did not and broke a servo arm.

The kit comes with a set plus the servos come with some .you can never have to many.

This kit is not much bigger than a 250 when stretched. Unstretched it's smaller.

murankar

Staff member
Keep in mind thus kit is really no different than a 250. The align 250 pro swings 205s and this swings 215s stretched. Some of your electrics may swap over to this kit.

When I planned the purchase I thought my 180 cfx stuff would work and it turns out that only the fbl unit would have. So I got all new electrics and recycled my Neo from my X3.

a great flying heli and is fairly durable. My very first flight I botched a landing and broke a servo arm along with a dent in the boom. Had a blade strike that I found this weekend. So I will order a boom and have it on stand by.

Matt

What kind of screws does the Oxy 2 have? Does it have “full size” screws? I can’t deal with the tiny screws on the Trex 250.. they are easy to strip and the little heads make it difficult to screw them in and out (if that makes sense)

Got to have experience with the Align Trex 250 to understand this

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I believe the 250 uses 0.5mm and 0.8mm headed screws. Not a fun time, that's for sure.

murankar

Staff member
All the screws are 1.5mm except the linkage balls. Those are 1.3mm.

From what I could tell the fasteners are of higher quality. I did not strip a single head during the build. I also used scorpion drivers except for the 1.3mm. Quality drivers will help for the build.

Matt

This is the Allen driver I use on the 250.. are the heads on the screws on the Oxy 2 bigger than this? The screws on the 250 don’t strip.. the heads strip when the screw is stuck in too much

murankar

Staff member
The oxy2 is mostly plastic. If your stripping the fastener hole then your over tightening the fasteners.

When I built mine I used medium CA on all the plastic holes . I then used normal blue thread lock on the standard metal on metal mounts. Green bonding agent needs to be used on the motor pinion and shaft.

murankar

Staff member
So I finally weighed the oxy2. On my setup with pulse 860mah 3s 45c packs. This little guy comes in at 233 grams.

You could cut a gram or two by using a different connector and a mini FBL unit. This kit could come in under 220 grams if you really felt like spending the money.

Swap the hobbywing 25 (27.9 g) amp with a castle 25 (17 g) amp, swap the FBL from a neo (25 g) to any micro FBL (mini vortex 5g), packs could be 30c and you'll be just fine and will shave a grams off.

This is a sweet sweet thing. The FAA is regulating 250 grams and up. With this kit coming in at 233 pit me under the regulatory mandates.

Last edited:

Matt

OXY Heli Oxy 2 Sport Edition Electric Helicopter Kit [OXY2-S] | Helicopters

Electronics kit
Lynx Heli Oxy 2 "Essential" Electronic Combo [LYX3000] | Helicopters

Is this the exact kit you got? What size Allen wrench do you use to build this kit? How big (in mm) are the heads on the screws for the frame? Is the vbar neo easy or difficult to program? In comparison to the Ikon2 is it easier or more difficult to program? I’m leaning to get this kit and just want to know what I’m getting into..

Last edited:
Top Bottom