1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Micro The Oxy 2 Sport On 215s

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by murankar, Mar 23, 2019.

< Telemetry | Ar7200bx Gain? >
  1. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    :biggrin1:

2. Matt

Matt Member

Blog Posts:
    Thank you.. those are the same size screws that were on my Trex 450..

3. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    Yes and yes for the kit and electronics.

You'll need the 1.5mm and a 1.3 mm.

Don't forget the green loc tight. You will need it for the motor pulley.

If you want to a lighter frame read what I put on reducing the weight. I personally want the weight down, I prefer lighter disk loading. If it was to do it again I would go with castle for the esc just because of weight nothing else. In have the programmer for castle So its no biggie. If you run a governor you'll want the hobbywing hands down.

Oh and make sure to get at least one full set of servo arms as back up. The servo arms are truly an intended fail point.

4. xokia

xokia Active Member

Blog Posts:
    I picked up the oxy 2 also. Planning to run the uSpirit. I did a dumb thumb with my oxy 3 today. Went inverted then forgot I was inverted and went pull pitch into the ground. Should have all the parts I need by next week. I told myself I was done with micros long ago. Hoping I don’t regret it.

5. murankar

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    Micros are a different game all together. On one hand they are cheap to fix but are they really?

Just make sure you get a small supply of servo arms. I lost one set on my first crash. It wasn't a real crash. I hit throttle hold and forgot about the lack of a one way bearing. You will be landing this heli under power.

I think I mentioned this earlier, if you get the lynx power kit for the oxy 2 then be ready to replace bullets. Either the motor will need bigger males or the esc will need smaller females. I replaced the motor side males to bigger ones.

6. xokia

xokia Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Crash costs is why I exited micros they started reaching the 450 size crash costs. The 130x was my last micro and I really liked that heli. Crash it in the grass and most of the time you could pick it up and fly again. The problem became once you started to want to do things like tic toks the tail just would not hold. So I progressed beyond the micro capability. If you try to up the performance that is when things go south IMO. It's an endless upgrade game after that.

I think blade does things right in the micro category. I know a lot of folks complain about them. But they get the costs/weight/performance just right. And with micros from blade when you buy something they sell the part in pairs. Honestly I should not have bought the oxy3. I have a 450 and the size is fairly similar. I just crashed it dumb thumbed while I was inverted and pulled down instead of up. Havent done that in forever. Costs $52 luckily the blades survived or it would have been more. Kind of off topic but I really dont need anything under a 450 anymore. The Oxy3 and Oxy 2 were impulse purchases.

The oxy 2 I am eager to check it out. I had a trex 250 and absolutely hated that thing. Trex flew heavy and it flew like poop IMO. Oxy was at least smart and used a lot of plastic to keep the weight down. It will be interesting to see what crash costs are. My 130x had a one way hopefully someone like xtremeproduction makes a one way for the oxy. No aftermarket makes anything for the oxy yet.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  7. murankar

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    With lynx being who they are I don't think anyone will. Luca put a lot of thought behind the OXY line.

For me a space issue sink had to go smaller plus the cost of batteries for the 570 are out of range at the moment.

Its been difficult to get out to a flying field regulatory. So I went small in hopes of doing some flying in the street or at work. Work has an option of indoor flying along with outdoor. I don have to wait till everyone leaves for the day though.

Long story short its just so I can fly more with out the hassle of a large field.

8. murankar

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    So the OXY 2, yep dirt darted on landing. The motor pinion broke free before the main gear stripped. The servo arms are in tack, blades are fine.

What I need to check is the main shaft and blade grip spindle. I have a feeling if anything is a miss it will be the main shaft.

What happened was at the end of the pack I went to land and for some reason it descended faster than I could control. As it made contact with the mud it nosed over and caught the mains. I managed TH but not till after the pinion broke free of the motor shaft.

I have repeatedly stated in this thread that the pinion is green thread locked to the motor shaft. There is no grub screw or flat spot. I believe this design was intentional for a weak point to save the main gear.

Now i have to clean down the motor shaft and pinion. Rebond the pinion and wait 10 hours before I can fly it again.

9. murankar

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    In just looked at Austin could. I was wrong on something. The pinion did not break free. The motor shaft pulled out from the outer can on the motor.

On a 300 and bigger heli the motor shaft is set screwed in place. The shaft on the lynx motor is press fitted. So on impact the motor shaft pulled out.

Now I have to see if that may have ruined the motor shaft. Its off the see if a rebuild kit is available or maybe just the shaft.

< Telemetry | Ar7200bx Gain? >