THE Itch. OMG THE Itch!!!

Tony

Staff member
This is killing me not having a helicopter to play with. I may not be the best pilot, or even a good pilot, but dammit, I have fun lol. But if I have NO helicopters, I can't have any fun. I have been looking at some of the kits that are out there and the itch is coming back to build something.

There is a new blog about the newest 500 build and it got me thinking. Then it was asked what was wrong with my 500 that caused me so many headaches, so I showed the video of the re-maiden flight after I replaced just about everything. Watching that video, as boring as it is, made me want another one. And OMG, I'm thinking about a clone again! :shocked:

However, the EXI kit is not what I'm thinking about going with. I'm thinking about going with the HK500CMT-TT. Why a TT? Because they are cheap. I also want the Align TT shaft, main shaft, gear, auto, feathering shaft, dampers w/ sleeve, belt, tail drive, landing gear, flybar paddles, tail blades and main blades. Yes, that is a HUGE kit and I would pretty much have an align heli after that. And it's still going to be cheaper.

What I'm worried about is all of the crap aluminum on these things. It's way too light weight for the weight of the heli and the torque it has to put up with. Adn yes, there will be a DFC head in it's future along with a 3GX gyro. I LOVE the 3GX gyro lol.

Someone slap me back into reality where clones suck and get me to stop thinking about purchasing this friggin helicopter. AFterall, it's another $400 just in electronics, so that takes me up to about $600 total to get it in the air.

After all, the Align is ONLY $100 more than I would have in the clone with good electronics... Okay, I think I just talked myself out of the clone, anyone want to make a donation to the "Broke Ass Tony Fund"? hahahahaha.

I will have a good kit, a 500, something that makes good "farts" in the air!!!

Like this one!!!
Align T Rex 500 Pro DFC 3GX Super Helicopter Combo RH50E01XW Brand New | eBay

heli-maniac

it would be great to see you with another bird Tony
but dont settle for a clone you know you will kick your own butt for that. If your going to spend that kind of money on a clone then just buy another align 450 pro 3gx you most likely have the batteries for it
if you do go bigger on the heli than just keep looking you will find a deal . i ended up getting my 550 for 725.00 shipped from readyheli
anyway good luck with what you do and hope to see you back in the air soon

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Or do how I do builds. Hunt for deals on individual used stuff. Rebuild them.. And have an align the price of a clone.

Yesterday saw a nitro 600 frame align sold for 150 full with blades and all. Rather than spending 700 which you don't have .. Lol ;P look for used stuff around on Craigslist and the Internet... I always keep a lookout ... You want me to look out for you.?? :) getting ds510's and all.. You can easily find all three cyclics for under 80 bucks . I bought my ds610 servos all three on my vibe for 90 total. My ds620 was 30 bucks. :) and it's all almost new stuff and no issues whatsoever . I know you don't like to get used and have lost faith in humanity ( ;P hahahahha) but I am telling you. Spend 700 on a brad new kit and then buy parts. Or just spend 400 on a full heli and save 300 when you can buy parts. Lol :)

murankar

Staff member
Tony;

You know full well that you would not be totally happy with the exi. I wont be the one to tell you what to do, but I think you will feel better if go Align. The EXI price point is attractive I know, keep looking for a great deal.

heli-maniac

hell there is a Align 600 nitro over at Aero hobbies seen it yesterday has just about everything for a BNF fly barless heli 350.00

Adam

Now Tony you have to also think about the price for batteries also. But it is winter and it is a perfect time to do a build. Cant wait to see what you decide on im gonna go with the 550 DFC Myself.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Tony man!! 350 for a nitro bird add rx!!! That's amazing! I have a guy who can get 30 percent nitro for 18 bucks (compared to 33) a gallon too. You say the word!! Lol

wolfman76

350 heck i would be all over the align 600 nitro if i had it been badly wanting a nitro bird even i can't fly it right away.. Tony i know you wil make the sensible decision on any heli but the i know your MRS will see start jonesen for a heli and help you pop the preverbile heli needle into the vein so to speak for you.....LOL

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
All I can say is if you get anougher clone you will be disappointed! You know it. Just save up for the align. Heck everyone seams to be going for the 550 so go for that one!

stokke

I'm still ready to chip in if some of you other members are up for it.
Get Tony a proper Align bird again :D

murankar

Staff member
If I do chip he has to promise not to sell it ever. I am sure if the dedicated members chip something then I think Tony should be able to get most of the kit.

RandyDSok

Tony...

I've still got that Blade 400... just needs receiver and battery and the blades need balanced ( as usual )... Never flown, only spun up once when I figured out I didn't know the best way to balance it out... If it's a size that may interest you, make me a fair offer, you've got my number ( I think ), if not PM me.

Randy

Tony

Staff member
In all honesty everyone, I'm wanting to go bigger than a 450. I'm not a big fan of Blade heli's other than the mcpx and the mSR for beginners. So with that in mind, anything 450 and below are out. Yes, this includes the 130x that I so badly want lmao. I have some of the parts coming for the mcpx and should be here next week.

That 600 has me really thinking. I may have to PP someone the money to snatch that thing up. I have been wanting a nitro heli, just didn't want to pay for it. But $300 is a stupid killer deal. Let me know more about that one. I don't care if I have to take out a loan, if it has everything but Rx, I will pay for it. I'm serious, let me know more about this bird. very interested.

You guys willing to help me make this happen says a lot about the members of this site. As I have always said, I will only use donated money for the site, and if it's for a helicopter, it will be the RCH helicopter, it will never be sold, and if you touch my truck, you and I will be taking a long walk out into never never land. Only one of us will return...

Let me know more about that 600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom