450 Tamed Down Suggestions Please..

Tony

Staff member
Yes, if you are flying in pretty good winds and you plan on landing in normal mode, then run a pitch curve of about 40 45 50 75 100. That should give you more negative pitch. But also, I would change the throttle curve to something like 0 50 75 75 75 to keep the head speed up while you are trying to come down.

Kamper

Anyone interested in a Sim for Macs should check out this video on You-tube. They also have a wireless setup for your own transmitter so you can use the settings in your transmitter.

Check out: Ikarus Aerofly Simulators go WIRELESS. - YouTube

Hope it works,

Ken-

- - - Updated - - -

It really runs and looks like the video, but you need the upper end of suggestions for the CPU..My laptop is a quad core i7 2.6mhz with 16 mgs of ram and works very nice. Also the GeForce video card is a must.

Enjoy,

Ken-

Kamper

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to update my status on my Align 450 at this time. For a little history about 2 years ago I took a lesson from a guy that teaches with a buddy box setup and decided the 3GX system was way too aggressive for my ability, so I installed a Beast X controller and benched my 450 until I felt more comfortable with the bird. I tried to go from a Blade 120SR to the Align 450 in one jump and was big mistake. I bought a Blade 130X and have been flying it to the point I feel I do pretty good but now want to get into rolls, flips and some inverted flight. I have since taken a two hour lesson with my trainer to setup the Beast X on the 450 setup and make suggestions for my new radio the Spektrum Black model DX6. I have now been flying the 450 and getting use to how it handles and still working with tuning that works for me, but the point is I have my 450 in the air. It has been very intimidating to start, but it gets little better each flight. Having the 450 benched has been the motivating factor to master this hobby. I still have a lot to learn but it has been replies/responses from this group that has helped and kept me going, for that I would like to thank the folks of this forum. I will be back on a more regular basis now..Thanks again..Ken from Wyoming & fly mostly in Arizona..

Tony

Staff member
Right on Ken, Keep up the flying and it will all come to you. I know Matt, my admin on here, flew his 130x as a "real life sim". That is what he called it anyway. Me, I flew the mSR and it taught me how to fly (no 130x or 150's back then lol).

DavidDutch

same here, no micro's then went from FP 120 blade to CP CX250 (would not advise anybody to start with a 250:wink:. I must say I also have a walkera V120D02S and that is for some reason a training heli, you can experiment with it and put it in the grass with no damage :)

Top Bottom