250 Tail Wag And Other Questions - Trex 250 - Ikon 2

Ok thanks just curious. I may bail on the 250.

Speaking of which, I've started setting up my 450, and I'm having a strange issue that I don't think I encountered while I was working with the 250. I'm trying to do the transmitter setup for the ikon I have, and I'm hitting the limits of my channels on my transmitter before reaching them in Ikon.

E.g., I'll have my throttle channel at +/-150, but still be about 2% short of maximum/minimum on the ikon.

Any idea what's going on?

Tony

Staff member
Make sure there are no dual rates on the throttle. There never should be, but I have seen stranger things.

Make sure there are no dual rates on the throttle. There never should be, but I have seen stranger things.

Well it's not just the throttle channel, all of the channels are behaving this way.

Also, I'm not 100% sure I've got the definition of dual rates right. Could you elaborate?

Tony

Staff member
There is a menu in your Tx that will say DR or Dual Rates, and it likely has Expo in it as well. And as suggested previously, it may be easier to start with a new model rather than trying to chase down the issue in the current model in your Tx. A good reset will fix a lot of issues.

I actually did start a completely brand new model. It's weird, cause I don't see any differences (besides the obvious, I guess) between how I've set up the 250 and how I've setup the 450.

The primary difference between the two I guess is the hardware I'm using. On the 250 I'm using a FrSky X8R receiver, while on the 450 I'm using a Spektrum Satellite Receiver. I do wonder if that's causing the problem.

Anyway, I'm using OpenTx with a Radiomaster TX16s. I don't know how familiar you are with openTx, but here are my input and mix screens.

upload_2020-10-14_11-23-23.png

upload_2020-10-14_11-23-35.png

I suppose the way I've got things setup would be classified as dual rates, at least in the mixes, but while trying to setup the transmitter I've got everything configured for linear travel across the full range of the channel.

With the exception of gyro I guess, which I'll deal with.

Tony

Staff member
Not that familiar with that program as I have never used it. However the numbers pretty much explain themselves. No DR in that setup. Not sure what is going on here.

Tony

Staff member
Not when things are not doing what they are supposed to be doing. Maybe try resetting the Ikon?

Not when things are not doing what they are supposed to be doing. Maybe try resetting the Ikon?

I can try I suppose. What's the reset process?

You know, I wonder if it's being caused by some setting I selected on the front page. The one where you choose the heli and servos and etc. So I think a full reset is worth trying.

Tony

Staff member
Those settings are for the center position (µs) and the frequency of the servo. If you had the center position set wrong, the servo would travel farther one way vs the other, and if set wrong, the servos would be very hot. As long as they are digital, most now days are 333Hz. You can set to 200Hz, but it will not affect the travel.

As for how to reset it, click on file at the top and there should be a link to reset it.

Yo I figured it out, phew. There is a setting during binding, "Enable Max Throw" or something, that I hadn't enabled. I enabled it and rebound, and now everything is working as expected.

It's always the little things huh.

Tony

Staff member
Good deal that you found the setting. And yes, it's always that one little thing that stops an entire setup lol.

Yeah, true. Doing my best to do so between the crashes!

Here are couple quick pics. By the way, can anyone identify this helicopter? I'm not sure what specific model it is. Canopy.jpg

No_Canopy.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I have no idea what model that helicopter is. I feel that I have seen it before, but I cannot remember where.

As for the video, do what you can do and no more. We all start not knowing anything, and learn from experience and help from friends.

Tony

Staff member
Post up a link Ivan. That is not like any Align clone that I have seen and I have not seen any of the new HK helicopters, if there are any. I just did a quick search on their slow ass site, and didn't see anything.

Top Bottom