450 Tail not locking

Oh dear Dustin....hope there wasn't much damage there... With the training gear on don't lift it off the ground till this tail issue is sorted out.. Just let it skid....

You must have mechanical issues there mate surely... The gyro will never work properly if you have!!

Nope no damage, got lucky, it does good I just cant get it to level.

It isn't doing good mate, that tail has a serious problem.... If your in heading hold the tail shouldn't spin like that, mine was locked in pretty well..

I would get it on the table and ensure it's mechanically sound.

Go on YouTube and follow "blade helis" mechanical setup tutorial for the blade 450..

Make sure you remove 2 of the motor wires before you connect the battery...

here is the link

Last edited:

gaurdian

I know you must of checked it out already but the pic of your blade 450 on your thread...one of the tail blades are on backwards.....

I know you must of checked it out already but the pic of your blade 450 on your thread...one of the tail blades are on backwards.....

Hey Gaurdian, well spotted, both those blades are on wrong.... The tail turns anticlockwise and the leading edges are set for clockwise....

Well spotted mate....Dustin..... Where are you...lol

concept30

I'm here, that picture on my thread picture is old, gotta change it, in the video the gyro light was blinking, I was bad, got home plug the heli in and the gyro light was solid, I was even more bad

I'm here, that picture on my thread picture is old, gotta change it, in the video the gyro light was blinking, I was bad, got home plug the heli in and the gyro light was solid, I was even more bad

Have you looked at that video by blade helis to make sure the tail is setup properly..?

nah i havent yet, im going look at Lees video that he has and check my blade 450 out

Lees video is excellent for it's purpose, which you need to watch, but the blade helis video talks you through the actual setup of the tail and servo, you should look at it mate...

Derek

Hey buddy! I hope the helicopter is ok after that little spill. Be sure to double check your feathering shaft.

Let's try starting from the beginning here. I think you said that you have your gyro gain set to +80. Let's drop that setting down to -30. Hopefully that will put us into Rate Mode. Find a nice smooth parking lot or driveway with plenty of room to drift around. Let's keep the training gear on. While in Rate Mode, spin the helicopter up but don't let it lift off the ground. If the helicopter still spins, we need to either lengthen or shorten the tail push rod. Make an adjustment, either lengthen or shorten, and then spin the helicopter up again but don't let it lift off the ground. Take note if the helicopter spun around faster or slower. If it spun around faster then we need to adjust the tail push rod the other direction. If the helicopter spun around slower, then we are going in the right direction and you'll need to adjust the push rod in that same direction. Let's try to get the tail locked in while in Rate Mode. Once we've done that, then we'll go back to Heading Hold Mode and fine tune the tail.

concept30

WOW that was almost better then a Tony explaining video haha tony, Thanks buddy im gong hope to it, might be falling asleep at work but I wanna FLY

WOW that was almost better then a Tony explaining video haha tony, Thanks buddy im gong hope to it, might be falling asleep at work but I wanna FLY

I didn't do the video Dustin, Derek did....lol, get that heli fixed man !! We all want to see you flying it

Derek

I appreciate the compliment, although I have no doubt that Tony would have had a better video. Tony just has a knack for "staying on point" and editing. I am glad that your liked my video. I'm just trying to do what I can to help out. I really want to see this helicopter fly. I've seen you fly on the simulator, so I do know that you can actually fly a helicopter. We just need to get the mechanical aspect all set up.

Top Bottom