450 Tail not locking

concept30

Hey Guys, im not getting good tail control, I dont feel like the Tail is locking in heading hold, Please help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Derek

It really looks to me that you are in Rate Mode. I'm gonna go look at my DX6i. Are you using the gyro that Tony sent you? I want to find a manual for it.

concept30

you can see that the red light on the gyro is on which means its in heading lock, and yes im using Tonys Gyro that he sent me, I dont know whats going on.

Derek

ok, i'm looking over the manual. Are you certain of a few things:

1. Are you certain that the rudder servo is plugged into the gyro with the negative wire on the correct side?
2. Are you certain that the Gyro (3 wire lead) is plugged into the AUX1 port on the receiver properly?
3. Are you certain that the Signal Wire, from the gyro, is plugged into the receiver properly?

Derek

Yes...i know that you have a 6 channel rx. Your setup should be the same as my flybarred 500.

What servo do you have plugged into the AUX1? It should be the Pitch servo.

I have to correct myself for what I posted above. The Rudder servo should be plugged into the Gyro, itself. The Gyro should be plugged into the Rudder channel on the rx. The single signal wire should be plugged into Gear channel on the rx...and make sure that the single signal wire is on the "signal" side of the rx and not on the negative side.

I apologize for my error. it's getting late and i'm getting tired.

concept30

everything is correct, i raised the gyro to 80 and its locking, but the rudder isnt acting right, I give full rudder and it doesnt wanna move in the direction, unless im at low head speed

hi Dustin, sorry to see you are still having problems, but i think its either incorrect wiring or TX settings, just for info i had the gyro on TX set to 30 Normal and 63 Heading hold

this is a video of it in flight, as you can see the tail is locked in fine

it isnt something like rudder trim is it??

i realise your setup wont be the same but here is my TX setup, its also a DX6i

D/R expo
Aileron 75% exp +15%
Elev 75% exp +15%
Rudd 77% exp INH

travel adjust
ALL 100% except RUDDER = 90%

Sub Trim
ALL zero EXCEPT Pitch = 95%

Gyro

Normal = 35.5%
HH = 63.5%

Last edited by a moderator:
Its locking but i just dont have good rudder ccontrol

MAKE SURE THROTTLE HOLD IS ON...

If it was mine Dustin I'd start with rate mode and make sure I have servo at 90 with no rudder input, check tail blades have zero pitch, then check full left and right rudder control. Make sure it returns back to 90 and the blades still return to zero pitch. At least then you can eliminate a mechanical problem..!!!

Tony

Staff member
Your in Aux1 for the rudder? On a DX6i, Aux1 is for the pitch servo. It has a rudder port which is where the gyro would plug in, then it would have a gear port where your gain wire would plug in.

concept30

all the wires are connected in there right places Tony (owner), i moved the tail servo slider, i think i got it, looks like everyone has good luck with this heli but me

concept30

I got to fly a little bit, still need some adjustments, BIG thank you to Tony for the Gyro and to everyone for sticking with me and not giving up on me, Thinking about hooking up a small Solar panel to my heli so i can fly for a longer time :D point is, i enjoy flying the little time that i had

I got to fly a little bit, still need some adjustments, BIG thank you to Tony for the Gyro and to everyone for sticking with me and not giving up on me, Thinking about hooking up a small Solar panel to my heli so i can fly for a longer time :D point is, i enjoy flying the little time that i had

You can't put a solar panel on a helicopter mate, it would have to be huge to get the current a heli uses... Glad you have the heli working, what was the problem?

Your very welcome for the gyro, I hope you get it working properly and have hours of fun flying....and keep posting videos so we can see how your getting on, the more vids you post the more the guys on here can help solve your problems..it's easier to to solve any issues when you can actually see them...happy flying

Last edited:

concept30

Thanks, Blackwarrior, to get good tail movement I moved the tail slider and thats how i did that, still need some adjustments

Thanks, Blackwarrior, to get good tail movement I moved the tail slider and thats how i did that, still need some adjustments

Is the tail slider in the centre of it's travel when in rate mode, I'm concerned you may need some mechanical setup done, Lee has a good video on checking your tail is working correctly, plus there's a good YouTube video by blade helis called Blade 450 3d mechanical setup tutorial, I strongly suggest you watch these and make sure your blade is mechanically as perfect as you can get it...

Let us see your blade in action

Top Bottom