450 Tail Kick on Trex 470L

Good day to all the pilots,

i recently just upgrade to the longer tail shaft (48.5 mm) for my bird. Took it out for a test fly and seem like there is a bit of tail kick when i tried to do pitch pump both normal and stunt mode. The tail kick is not much anyway (just about 2-3 cm) but it drive me crazy as i am a neat person. I tried to adjust the torque precompensation on menu F of Beast Plus but does not make any difference. I even used different head speed and Gyro gain but no luck yet. Just wondering if any pilots out there have the same problem of better setup than i do that would like to share? My heli is original super combo 470Lp anyway.

And there one more thing i would like to know if some one have a fix to the vertical stabiliser bearing block (H47T004XXW). My one does not hold the tail case firmly on the tail boom. If i accidentally hit the tail on the ground the tail fin is not vertical any more.

I also attach some pics for both of my problems to help you guys understand better.

P/S: Sorry if my English is to bad and make you confuse when reading. Thanks

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2056.JPG

IMG_2057.JPG

IMG_2058.JPG

IMG_2059.JPG

IMG_2060.JPG

IMG_2061.JPG

Tony

Staff member
The only thing I can think of on the tail kick is to make sure your gain is on channel 5, or Gear. If you have any delay put into it, take it out. And make sure everything rotates free. That little amount of movement is pretty normal for hard movements though.

As for the rear tail block moving, try putting a piece of scotch tape between the boom and the block. This should stop it from rotating. Or think about upgrading to an aluminum piece.

holtneil

Hi you may need to move the ball on the servo arm try it and see if it helps
Also if your ESC has a governor you may be better off to fly on a fixed head speed and use the hold to turn on and off the motor

holtneil

Hi mate also there is a big jump in throttle and pitch on points 2 and 3 your be going through these points a lot when doing pitch pumps , the better way would be to run Governor mode in the ESC and fly fixed headspeeds in modes normal,idle 1 ,idle 2 and a full 3D pitch range in all modes ,this should stop the heli jumping and kicking when you change as the headspeed is all that will change not pitch as well this will also help when doing your pitch pumps

murankar

Staff member
I had the same issue on my goblin 570 and Vbar neo. With stock tail settings I had a small tail kick and to fix it all I needed was a bit of pre comp. I added about 3 or 4 points to the positive and all was good.

For yours I would recheck all the mechanics first. That's usually the problem. Make sure to check the tail blade grips and their bearings.

If that all checks out then move to the electronics. Check the servo for smooth operation, check for gear play and linkage binding.

Finally move to the gyro and radio.

Top Bottom