450 Tail grip washers

Tony

Staff member
Yup, it's all built in. One little box will control all 3 axis'. tilt, roll, and yaw. All servos will just plug directly into the gyro.

murankar

Staff member
..and if you run a castle phoenix edge light 59amp in conjunction with the kbar koala then your governor is set in the gyro. This will allow you to use a governor with just 6 channels.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

lol..i wont hafta be worryn bout a govenor..i hafta scratch n skimp my nickels as it is with my electric helis..i dont see gassers anywhere in my near future..but thanks fellers for the info..as always yall have helped me out..and i do so much apprciate it

murankar

Staff member
Electrics can run governors also. On smaller birds its not really needed. As for getting one, its almost built right in. Like I stated earlier you only need an fbl with built in governor and an esc like the one I mentioned earlier and that's it. Now if you use another esc you may have to invest in other hardware. For now if your just starting then don't worry, but if you end up getting into 3d then you may want to consider one. Keep a flat curve for your idle up modes and you'll be fine.

trainrider06

What Radio do you have?? All you"ll need for the receiver would be a Sat receiver...DMX or DSM2...so all electrics you would need are the KBar, Sat. Those you can pick up on eBay. for about $50.00 you can go FBL since you already have the head and such....

...whoa..this is startn ta get confusing..lol..i have a fairly cheap tx..i know it wont work im sure of it..its one of those 60$ flysky fst6's..and im not even close ta 3d..and ta be honest..i dont really think i get into it much..i enjoy just flying..bankd turns..circuts..ect..i was just wanting to find the best fbl unit for the munny to cut down on parts cost and time n hassle with setup..

WIN_20150708_152414.jpg

WIN_20150708_152355.jpg

trainrider06

What heli do you fly? I think those flyskys can be used with Spektrum electric's or there might be a receiver to work with the KBar, so you can use your radio with it....but yeah your going to be stepping deeper into it going FBL....it can get kinda complicated sometimes with the setups and electric components involved....but once you get your feet wet, it gets easier...

murankar

Staff member
No, unless its module based and you have an orange module. Stock flysky will only bind to flysky.

Basically unless a module is added there is no bind and fly stuff out there.

As for kbar, all you need is a flysky RX and your in. Basically you will wire jumpers to the gyro from the RX and the run the servos to the kbar. Doing this will limit some options but very much doable. I have a dx6 with satellite which allowable to use an external bec and cuts the weight of extra wires and RX. I can also add a second satellite if I wanted to.

Last edited:

trainrider06

It is kinda a pain....at first, but once you get your feet wet you'll be slapping your head sayin I shoulda done this a long time ago!

murankar

Staff member
Personally if your on flysky the stick with that for now. Use the RX you have already and just get either an hb800 (beastx, super easy to set up) or a kbar (almost just as easy to setup.). Bobs your uncle your done.

In wouldn't mind parting with my hb800 if you really want to give it a shot.

Last edited:
well..i think it would payoff for sure in the long run..i mean how many parts more is there from the swash up vs fbl..at least a dozen er more..and at least 90% of the time something between there and the blades is gonna get broke lol..then by the time i pay fer the shipping (which is 99% of the time more than my parts order grrrrr :/ lol) u can figure its at least 40 er 50 bucks..i mean im not rich..my bills are paid and i have no debt..but money to fund my hobby is something that i hav ta scratch n scrounge for..i was just thinkn movin to fbl..hell wood prolly pay fer itself after 2 er 3 crashes ya kno lol.....are u sure that my tx wood work with that setup? and if so.. what wood ya need ta have fer it?

murankar

Staff member
First RX, any RX will wire to it. As for cost I can't sell something that was given. Let's just say it would be $free.99, if your budget could handle that. Trust me I am in the same boat with cash. I have had a few things given to and it only makes sense to pay it forward. One thing I will need to dig up a set of wires for it and put some 3m tape on it for ya.

Now this is a v1 beastx. Tony's videos cover the setup of this gyro. Its really easy to get setup.

...........uhhhhhh..........i.....i dont really know what ta say..im at a lost for words bud...thanku just coodnt truely express how im feelin...i think i may start tearing up..my bottom lip is startn ta twitch lol...wow!!!...im goin ta go watch the big ufc fight here in a sec..so if u get this ill be back round 11 1130 ish...o lord i got go clean my eyes n blow me snoot! lol...wow...thanku soooo much!!

murankar

Staff member
I too feel like you do. Ibwas given this gyro at time when I didn't have the money for something more robust. Then I was given a hitech tail servo and a bluetooth adapter for my kbar. All of this came from the same guy, superbad. He has really had helped me.

Anyhow as for tonight I won't be back on much past 2200. I have army stuff tomorrow that has priority. It will take me a few days to gather everything and ready for shipping. I hope to have it out by the weeks end. Pm me your info so i can ship it. Tony can vouch for me if you are not comfortable with giving out personal info. I will see what else I have that could help.

I also have a full size mini (26g) Savox servo. Its a tail servo that works well. I have shortened the lead on it. Its also a digital servo, how's your servos, are they digital? The hb800 should have digitals.

army stuff? kewl! how ironic..i wasnt in the army..but mom n dad were both in,,i was born at darnell army hospital..ft hood..then lived in ft polk fer a spell..and then dad was shipped out and we moved to bomholder germany fer 4 years..boy u sure just brought the smile back to my face bud,,was a pretty discouraging nite fer me..like the sports gods were aginst me..my two fav fighters both lost close scraps..then in nascar..the driver i asbsolutely despise one the race at ky...was bout ta cry again!! lol..dagummit! lol.but nyhoot..back the subject at hand..to the brighter side of the nite..lol..yea..my servos arnt dig. i got them ole cheapo mg90s ..which really work pretty good fer my swash..and then fer my tail..i was running this (pic enclosed)..its digital..i had already orderd it when i learnt from tony i shooda went with a different one..cant remember what model it was,,he sent me a link for it..but then i had t a crash and had ta order some other parts ta get back ta airworthy..so ended up coodnt afford ta buy it..but it actually worked halfway decent..coodnt do no crazy pirhoetts er nuttn ..but it held fer jus moseyn' round the ball diamond..but then as ull see in pic..the lil lip broke where ya bolt it to the mount..so i had ta put another ole mg90s on it..was kina like flyin on eggshells lol..but it worked..its what was on there in the vid i posted of my crash..and suprisnly it wasnt the cause..it was my loss of orientaition. but i cant thanku enuff bud.ill pm u my addy and all..and if u will giv me ur p.pal info..at least i cood do is pay fer the shipping..i woodnt feel right if i didnt at least do that..i tell ya what..u fellas here at rchelpdotcom sure are some good hearted people..i cantb say enuff how much ive learnt and how much yall have helped me out. fellers like yuns are few and far between ..and its cause of guys like you n tony that.that guys like me are able to accel in this awsome hobby of helis! thanku a million times over fellas..im so grateful to yall.

WIN_20150712_013011.jpg

murankar

Staff member
I left hood almost a year to date.

You should have day digital servos. I have 2 Savox cyclic servos that need regeared. Then you will need a third, mine burned up. I ended up with 3 kst Ds215mg servos. I got them from Gartt RC on eBay, 3 pack for $66. These are mks knock offs that fairly well for the price.

By the time you buy the third Savox servo and 2 gear sets you almost at the cost of a kst 3 pack. Also that same servo will work for the tail. I am considering on getting one more kst for that purpose.

trainrider06

Are those EMax 09MD servo's? If so they should be digital I run them on both of my 450 cyclics they work great.
Looks like you have a tab busted off on one in pic though....
As long as those servo's haven't been damaged from the crash they should work if they are digital.

yea..it was my tail srvo..but as u noticed the tab broke off so now i have no way to mount it..it still works fine. so now i have an ole cheapo mg90s analog servo on .i have like ten of em ..it works for jus strollin round but cant try any agressive moves.

Top Bottom