450 Tail grip washers

Hiya fellers..was hopin someone cood help me figure out how these washers go in the tail blade grips..i looked it over in my prints but it does not show that ny washers go in there..but i know they was in ther cuz they was when i disassembled it they fell out..unfortunatly tho i did not see which end they came out of..ive tried a couple different ways of puttn em in but no i cant cant get the notchy feeling out of em. Any suggestions woood be very much apprciated..thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lee

They could be shims.
They would go behind the bearing MR52ZZ.
If you mount the grips to the hub, and there is lots of lateral play without those washers, then thats the answer.

Tony

Staff member
I'm with Lee, I think those are shims. Put it together without them and as he stated, see if there is lateral play. If so, then add a small shim behind the bearing and try again. A little amount of movement is okay (I'm talking very little, 1/10th of a mm), but too much could spell disaster.

well i put together without em..and even without..i had no play..well..very little..no different really than before..what i cant get out is the notchyness..i put them in behind the bearing..the small one ..and it makes it even worse?..im confused here lol

whoop..got fellers..changed bearing and shes a slidin like new ! thanku tony and lee..its very reassuring knowing that help is jus a few clicks away..love this forum! its the bees knees! lol

gott balance them new blades..get my tracking fine tuned and then i think shes ready fer the field[video]https://youtu.be/wHn5V2Lel30[/video]

she looks purty smooth ta u tony?..and thanku..yea still tender n my ribs..but other than that..mendin well i am lol..i dont hav ta take them narcotic pain pills nymore thank god!

hey tony..im desparately wanting to move to fbl..im jus so over all the extra parts and hassle with settin up..and of course money is the reason i havent yet..so what i was wantn ta kno is..am i allowed..where can i post on here that i have an ipad 4..like new..formatted to factory settings ready fer a new user/owner..and looking for someone to trade with me?..my ipad for a fbl system..

Tony

Staff member
We have a for sale section at the bottom of the forum, but you have to have 50 posts to post a new thread in there.

Did you know you can get an AR7300BX for about $115?

[video]https://youtu.be/_DIEEEZu4So[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

well fellas..she WAS dialed in and flyin pretty..lol ..grrrr..i think i may need glasses..cuz im always losin sight of which way my birds pointn'..never fails..this hobby can be so rewarding..and then just snatch the rug right out from under ya..i spent days studyn and tinkern with it..rackn my brain tryn to figure out the vibe prob..had nearly all new parts..and now its back to the scrapin and pinchn pennys to save fer..lets see..a new tail boom..main shaft..skids..tail control rod..feathrn shaft did get a slight bend in it..broke my canopy..itll prolly be another month er bettr before ill even be able to fly again :(..im so bummed i cant get my bottom lip off the floor lol..

murankar

Staff member
Vibes can come from just about anywhere from the main gear back. Take the blades off and spin up the heli, touch the frame then the vertical stab. What your feeling for is the in tensity of the vibe. Chances are the vibes are where its the strongest.

On my kbar I have a live vibe meter. Based on its output I can tell just how much I have. I don't care much about the frequency as I do the amount I have. As long as the peeks stay below the yellow line I am happy.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

oh i found the vibe..im usually pretty quick on trackn em down..this particular instance tho..it was hidin pretty good..in the tail grips..had a notchy bearing that was causing a slight tail vibe/bob..really ..im bett workin on em than i am actually flyin em really lol..i believe tho if i had glasses..it wood solve alot of my prob...like i sed..evry single time i crash..its always cuz i have gotten disorientated on which way the thing was facing..hard ta fly if ya cant see lol. thanku for the input ..i do apprciate it very much..im always trying to learn more and get better..repeatedly having to spend munnys that,for me at least..are very hard to come by..is a great motivatr ta learn how to stop lol

- - - Updated - - -

yea..ive looked at hundrds of different systems tony..im all the time window and wish shoppin lookin at helis and heli parts..and upgrades ect...but see..115 bucks wood take alot longer to save in order to buy it..than i wood like..lol..sooo..i figured i really dont used the ipad much..its in great condition..mayb i cood sell it or see if i cood find someone who wood trade on it with me fer heli parts..id much rather b tinkrn on er flyin my bird than messin round on a tablet anyday lol

trainrider06

Put a KBar on it, they are only like $30 bucks and fly just as good as any other FBL controller...your biggest expense would getting the FBL head/links/shaft

murankar

Staff member
Yeah the kbar is probably the better of the clones. I have a ZYX-s and a hobbymate hb800(beastx). So far I am liking the kbar. Personally I would shoot for a koala instead of the mini. You get more options for future stuff.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Kbar huh? Thanks for the info! I acually already have the head..it came in a parts lot i got off ebay awile back..my biggest concern however is my tx..being its only a 6 ch radio..will it work? Seems like i remember reading that u need at least a 7 ch to work with fbl

so how does that work tony?..does a fbl system eliminate the need for a gyro..or is it like an all in one unit?..i know that u plug the tail servo directly into the reciever on fbl..i just wood like to do my homework first. that wood suck if i went and spent munny for the fbl and then it turn out that theres some reason it wont work ya kno..

- - - Updated - - -

basiclly on a fbl system..instead of only the tail servo being helped with counter movements..it does it with the 3 swash servos as well..correct?

Top Bottom