700 T-Rex 700E build

xokia

I can confidently tell you a rescue mode would not have helped you here. I had a tree jump out in front of me also but it was just with my 300x. Sorry to hear about your crash.

pvolcko

Gaba, I've been slammed with work lately. I'll try to get it edited and posted tonight. I ordered a set of gears and a new DS615. If the gear set doesn't come with the pin then I'll put the new one in and keep the old for parts.

Xokia, it may have helped once I was past the tree, assuming it indeed still had power. But, yes, bailout or SL prior to the tree would only have made it nice and level as it sliced into the foliage from carried momentum.

That said, I'm almost wishing at this point that I did hit the tree. Nice big pine tree. If I had hit TH in time and it slide into it, the heli might have had a softer go of it and I may have actually been able to attempt a run, jump and catch on the whole thing by the time it was at the ground. :) Or it would have blown apart into a thousand pieces since the head speed would have been way higher at that point than where it actually hit the ground.

xokia

After watching your video of the crash a rescue mode with pitch would have totally saved that heli. Sorry about the crash and I hope you can get the ikon SL mode working on that heli.

pvolcko

It happened fast. Not sure I would have had the presence of mind to hit anything g but TH. Also, I was testing tail precomp settings so I likely wouldn't have had a SL mode available. Just bad luck and bad piloting. Should have stuck to testing instead of flying maneuvers.

Top Bottom