600 Stuck on wiring :(

Extensa

Hi everyone I have just finished building a trex 600 nitro pro v2 but I can't seem to get power to the gyro it's got a Gp780 gyro, 2 in 1 voltage regulator, Rce-g600 govener and 8 channel Futaba R2008SB receiver the receiver lights up solid red and I get three lights on ignition switch on the voltage regulator but gyro is doing nothing so either I'm wiring it wrong or the gyro don't work can anyone help? thanks, Mike.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Is the gyro connected to the reciever? (Obvious question )

Also the 5.8v out of that 2in1 need to go to the "battery" or equivalent port of the reciever to make sure power is being distributed to the electronics connected to it.. That's the only connection you can do

I would connect the gyro at a different channel and add if it powers on... ( also check if the ground and signal cables are connected upside down or something

Hope something helps. :)

Extensa

I have got an earthing lead going from 2 in 1 to bottom of engine casing power lead from 2 in 1 to left horizontal socket on receiver red in socket 1 orange 2 yellow 3 green 4 blue 5 purple 6 of the receiver they go red, orange, yellow socket 1 of gyro and green, blue, purple in socket 2 of gyro then all the servos in the labeled sockets in gyro and govener in to govener socket on side of gyro then lipo plugged in to 2 in 1 all I get is receiver lights up red and three lights on ignition switch but nothing on gyro? :/ Probably wired completely wrong lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Mind posting a pic? :) that'll really help me understand.. Have you tried your gyro on other channel.. ? Do your servos turn on?

Last edited:

Extensa

Do I have to bind the transmitter before connecting leads or doesn't it matter? I'll take a couple pics in morning as I live in uk so time for sleep :D

Tony

Staff member
If your Tx is not turned on or bound to the Rx then your gyro will not show any lights. You will need to bind the Tx first thing, then proceed with the setup. Hope this helps.

Extensa

IMG_0775.jpgIMG_0779.jpgIMG_0780.jpgIMG_0781.jpgIMG_0782.jpgIMG_0784.jpg

I found another wire hidden under the manual which just happens to be the cable that supply's power to the giro lol oh well its working now just need to learn how to program my Futaba T8J transmitter as it is completely different to my DX6i :/ so if anyone can help with this I will be very grateful :) hope you like the pics. Thanks again for every ones help, Mike.

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Wait wait wait

Your heli is a flybarred heli and if I am not wrong you are using a 3gx... And an external gp780??? I am a bit confused

If you are talking about the gyro inside the 3gx then you just need to do some settings right. how is power being routed. I know for futaba and spektrum recievers with 3gx (as I have one too lol) you gotta send the power to the 3gx and then the 3gx sends power to the RX.. is that your connectivity ?

I see the governor wire going from the gyro to the engine... That's a good feature of the 3gx..

You know for about 70 bucks you am upgrade your head to a dfc head and have a fully fly barless heli in your hands as you already have a 3gx

Please correct me if I am wrong :)

Last edited:

Extensa

Sorry my mistake I'm running a GP900 giro I have the 2 in 1 power lead going to the giro then a white red and black lead going from giro to R2008SB receiver it's all working now except I can't shut the servos up they are adjusted so they don't bind but still make the binding noise at all positions I'm I missing something? Apart from that it working fine :)

Extensa

Managed to start my 600 nitro for the first time today and tuned the engine to a good idle but cant fly it till I join the heli club as its too big for my garden and local parks one thing Im not sure about is setting the govenor on my Futaba T8J transmitter at the moment I have it set to 0% 50% 75% but I dont know what I'm doing :/ any advise on settings would be grateful :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
The governors usually ... (NOTE : USUALLY) like the throttle curves to be near straight... I think. Each governor is different. You are using 3gx as a governor right? Or your rx as a governor?

Let me know. Without governor even the 0-25-50-75-100 doesn't work well

I would keep it at 0-40-60-80-100 just to get the engine high enough rpm when getting in a hover...

Extensa

The govenor is a RCE-G600 I have my throttle curves set to nor 0 25 50 75 100 ID1 100 100 85 100 100 and hold set to 0 but I have a govenor setting in my transmitter where I can assign it to a three part switch which I have set to up 0% cntr 50% and down 75% I'm guessing that relates to off, half engine power and three quarters engine power but what would u recommend for a good head speed setting for a beginner? So much to learn my head hurts lol.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
It's ok :)

One thing to remember please don't fly with governor off with those settings. Always governor on. ;)

Headspeed : I would stay at or around 2100 or less
What's your gear ratio? I forget the gear ratio of a trex 600 ... If I am right your powerband for the engine is 1.9hp at 17000 rpm.. Means divide that by the gear ratio and add about 100 -150 to it and that gets you your headspeed. Just hovering you can make your heli very stable at about 1900 rpm ... If you are gonna do more then keep at 2000 ... :)

Rce 600 comes with instructions for throttle curves.. Follow that. :) for Tx setting on throttle curves.

Just answer this for me once... :) is that your heli in that pic above? If so aren't you using a 3gx .. I have been so confused.. Lol let me know :)

Also one thing... Throttle hold will need to come up from zero to a little higher to match your idle setting on the trim tab on throttle so when you hit throttle hold the engine doesn't die but keeps idling... And throttle CUT will be set on another button that'll kill your engine when needed. :)
Gaba

Last edited:

Extensa

Is a 3GX a flybarless system? Mines got a fly bar jus can't really make it out on pic :) I'm only a beginner got a 600 nitro for club use so I don't have to keep charging batteries but wanted a heli that's going to last :) I didn't have a manual for govenor as it was part of kit so jus has basic instructions in build manual :/ how would u convert say 1900 rpm in to a % on transmitter I'm confused I will raise throttle hold up a bit thanks for the tip :)

- - - Updated - - -

Is a 3GX a flybarless system? Mines got a fly bar jus can't really make it out on pic :) I'm only a beginner got a 600 nitro for club use so I don't have to keep charging batteries but wanted a heli that's going to last :) I didn't have a manual for govenor as it was part of kit so jus has basic instructions in build manual :/ how would u convert say 1900 rpm in to a % on transmitter I'm confused I will raise throttle hold up a bit thanks for the tip :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yes the 3gx is a fly barless system. That's why in ny first post or second I said that you can put may be 60-70 more bucks in putting in a dfc head on it...

1. You'll never need an upgrade..
2. It'll be easier if you are beginning to fly as it'll be even more stable with fbl system ESP with the windy winter coming around
3. It's just much less setup and so many less parts

Well. As far as your EXTERNAL governor. You DONT need that rce 600 there. 3gx has a straight hook up to the engine rpm sensor and an inbuilt governor.

You also would NOT need that other tail gyro you got in there because 3gx has it built in there too

ESP now about the headspeed can be set straight from the 3gx software ... Just put in what speed you need and it'll do that for you. There should be a rpm setting in there too... Ill have to find out what futaba 8fg does for rpm... I am not familiar with it . But I can try to find out. :) you can reduce a ton of weight and setup and wiring from that heli lol :)

Extensa

Oh right I thought going flybarless makes it harder to control and more twitchy thanks for the info I'll have to look into that, unfortunately the kit has been paid for and made so would have to upgrade now but I'll get it priced up but will have to set up on flybar for now :) thanks for ya help sorry for all the questions :)

Mike.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I totally understand about the amount of work put in... But just a head up... An external gyro will need work with your. 3gx. Your 3gx is always correcting regardless of if you want it to or not. And it's on. A 760u output . The tail servo is connected to a servo which is connected to a gyro which is connected to(hopefull a rx) of not.. It's on the 3gx

Both ways you are setting yourself on a path for a catastrophe..

Second .. Flybar is there for stabilizing the heli... As is the 3gx. You don't have to "turn fly barless" ON... Your 3gx is correcting the swash regardless of if you want it to or not and the flybarred is or correcting your blade disc... That'll cause the systems to fight with each other and cause serious toilet bowl effect or just a straight up tip over as soon as you go up on head speed. Be very careful bro. :) your 3gx is connected to your swash channels so its always correcting and that's why you hear that servo chatter too

Please correct this before you fly ... If you don't want to go fly barless then remove the 3gx all together and redo the wiring with just the tail gyro and governor on it :)

But please don't fly with both ... :) at least I definitely don't recommend it ...

Extensa

Ok I'm confused are u saying my gp900 is a flybarless unit? Because I haven't got a 3gx :? I thought the gp900 was jus a normal gyro?

Top Bottom