Still problems with trex 3gx

Adam

Ok so i have gone through hell with this bird and i thought i had it nailed but i don't. I am really at a wall with this thing. after i talked to tony about what happened here i went to the workshop to redo my cyclic pitch to +8/-8 which is what the 2.1 firmware needs i found out i stripped a servo so now i need to order gears to rebuild it and then try again i have already went through two sets of blades on this thing. Here is a vid and after it took a nose dive i tried saving it and well i didnt.
[video=youtube_share;xj033CGT-N4]http://youtu.be/xj033CGT-N4[/video]

Tony

Staff member
That violent shaking was a balance problem. Either the blades are out of balance, or the feathering shaft or main shaft are bent.

Adam

alright so i am at the crossroads now i love this sport either i tear the whole thing down and rebuild it and check everything or if someone wants it for 250 its theirs. I am just not in a spot to have these kind of toys with kids and a career.

Tony

Staff member
That sucks to hear, but I know where you are coming from since I'm in the same boat. Hope all turns out well for you. I just found out the kit I purchased so my wife can go to work tomorrow won't work because the power steering pump pulley is too small. Needs to be larger. Which means she can't make it to work tomorrow which means less money and means I have to sell stuff fast just to keep up. It sucks, but I know where you are.

Adam

Ok im gonna rebuild the servo and rebuild everything lol. Reset it all up and maybe even reflash the gyro and go from there.

Tony

Staff member
If you flash it, do it with 1.2 and uninstall the 2.1 program from your computer and install the 1.2 program.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Adam you need to make sure everything is up to snuff next time you fire that thing up. I meen tony had it flying perfect! Whatever you did to hey you eed to correct! Don't keep crashing her. It's expensive! Lol

Adam

ya I was thinking of doing that also

- - - Updated - - -

yahoo Sam he had an 8 I have a six

Tony

Staff member
I'm the one that did the flash, and yes I changed the direction. Unfortunately it only has to do with the tail and not the elevator which he is having an issue with now.

heli-maniac

mine still has the stock program and if it acts like that i will take the 3gx out and put a 3g system in it
hop to see here in a few when it gets light out side.
just odd it went from being smooth when tony had it to having a shake in dont see how the tx would cause that

heli-maniac

okay took my 3gx out and it seemed to hover okay still needs adj
needles to say im done useing blue tl on the feathering shaft bolts it make one heck of a noise when the blades come flying off and so not safe
good thing it was only a foot off the ground when it did it so no damage to the bird
total damages were blades all nicked up links gone to never never land and 1 feathering shaft bushing and both spacers
well time for a DFC rotor head

Adam

I am trying to flash the 3gx and it wont let me convert it back to 1.2 so i gues leave it in 2.1 lol

murankar

Staff member
okay took my 3gx out and it seemed to hover okay still needs adj
needles to say im done useing blue tl on the feathering shaft bolts it make one heck of a noise when the blades come flying off and so not safe
good thing it was only a foot off the ground when it did it so no damage to the bird
total damages were blades all nicked up links gone to never never land and 1 feathering shaft bushing and both spacers
well time for a DFC rotor head

I have had that happen twice. Scared the liquid out of me. All I do now is watch how much grease I use and ensure the bolts are clean of oils and grease. Carefully slide the bolt in and snug it.

Lee

Remember that giving cyclic input before you take off will cause nasty events to occur. If you are not happy or unsure of how its going to react, put some training gear on. It might look silly but its going to save you a bunch of $$$$ When i started flying my first three helis all had training gear on for there first flights, even though i could already do loops and rolls etc. I can't tell you how much i saved when something i hadn't seen went wrong and i just dropped it on the gear and nothing broke.
Good luck and keep at it.

Adam

The thing about the feathering shaft i had it happen also. So when i got the heli the only thing wrong with it was i had it setup wrong with the gyro gain. Well ai broke the flybarless blades and need to rebuild a servo. So i think a new feathering shaft rebuild the servo and put flybarless blades back on it and i should get this thing going. It is alot harder than a flybar heli that is for sure. I hope i will get it I have limited time with a tree year old lol if he watches he takes stuff apart.

heli-maniac

ill disagree with you that a flybarless is harder to fly than a flybar i am real new to it and have changed all 3 of my 450s to flybarless
and as fare as blades go i dont see any dif. in the blades i have regular blades on 2 and the the 3g blades that came with my 3gx i have looked and looked i cant see why the are dif.
i already had the DFC head to replace the regular flybarless one but found it took out the elv. servo when it slung the blades so i had to order gear my self

Adam

Ok i noticed one more thing that would maybe give me an elevator problem when i did my cyclic pitch i changed the ail in the swash mix and now i watched some more vids and the elev has to have the same setting as the ail in the swash mix is this correct?

Adam

So would this of giving me the problem with takeoff. And yes flybarless will probably be easier once i learn all this in depth setup. So there is one more thing i did wrong lol.

Top Bottom