450 Starting Problem..

Rob Lancaster

I get this message when trying to upload photos.

The uploaded file is too large for the server to process.

I only have a 12 meg camera so I don't know. Some how I think I'm missing something again...

It is a CCPM setup and yup need to adjust the expo and DR for sure. Now she cracks stick for sure.. And that's in FM1; ha!
Rster...

Tony

Staff member
Right click on the photos (if on the computer) and look at the file size. If you are using a full 12mp, it is likely that the size of the image is about 6mb or so.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I'm getting the same message now for some reason. Not sure why... I'm out of time today but will keep working on it. For what it's worth, the max upload filesize is set to 2mb so if you cna get your images under that, they will upload. Photoscape is a great way to do this and is what I use. below are a couple videos on how to edit photos. Hope this helps while I try to figure this out....

Tony

Staff member
It's not your end, it is something with the server acting very weird... It saved my settings that I put in last time and I was able to upload photos straight from my phone, but now it went from 5M to 2M which is what it is default. I changed that to 10M and restarted httpd (apache) and although it is showing saved in all of my config files, it is still not allowing the larger file uploads. Again, I'm working on it and I'm sure none of that made sense but just know I'm trying.

As for "Good night", not for me, my day is just getting started (at about 0400 that is....). Leaving out and heading east for a long drive... I will chat with you later tonight when I stop.

Rob Lancaster

HA! I can't believe it's not me!
I still think my lack of computer skills are involved too, ha!
Have a safe drive and I'll see you on the flip side....
Rster..

Tony

Staff member
Had to make a quick stop and talked to my "server guy". Apparently I forgot to change one other setting. I will try to get to that later tonight. I apologize for the delay.

Rob Lancaster

Yes! Yes!! Thank god for the server guy!
Ok have a look at the final setup.
Again, the orange thing under the gyro is the locator beacon.
And if anyone could explain the flip flop on page 5 I'd be for ever in you dept.

Attachments

• IMG_1659.JPG
    IMG_1659.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1663.JPG
    IMG_1663.JPG
    334.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1664.JPG
    IMG_1664.JPG
    319.6 KB · Views: 7

Rob Lancaster

Hi guys, I took her out of the hangar today and was playing around with the numbers. I managed to calm it down quite a bit. A bit to much though so I just need to continue tweaking it out but I only had one battery charged.

Anyway those el-cheapo battery packs aren't cut'n it. One easy flight and one of my packs puffed up like a fish. I'm discharging it all the way cause it ain't go'n back in the heli... I figure I'll get some Glacier packs unless you guys have a better idea.

Just want to check one thing though.
After the flight the ESC was hardly warm but the motor was very warm.
Is that normal for my setup?
Scorpion HK-2520 3500kv motor... With an Hobbywing Platinum V4 60 amp ESC...

Admiral

I like Gens Ace myself I was using Turnigy but found they were puffing after about 10 flights, Gens hardly have very little puff, well worth the extra you pay.

Rob Lancaster

Well two down two to go..
Again in between the rain drops, I went out for more tuning. Hey everything is going well but after about six minutes this battery pack actually fails in flight. The soft cutoff kicked in and I kinda just floated her back in, cool!! But the battery is way puffed so I'm discharging that one too. I hope I wasn't to hard on these el-cheepo jobs, LOL...

For the first time today I ran it up 85% on the throttle. (FM1)
When the blades reached nearly full speed and at full speed the blades began make a low fluttering sound I never heard before. I'm not sure but the blades might be fluttering at this now higher speed. The tracking also seems to have slipped a bit. Honestly, this new set up is giving me way more head speed. So much more I'm thinking the blades are going to fly off again... :bolt: She flies good though. I still had a minor tail wag so I just turned down the gyro again. Now there's no wag only killer hold.

Once again the ESC runs cool but the motor gets kinda hot. Probably because I have twice the amps? Hummm,, don't know... I'm going to check out the tracking thing and see if I can't get them back in track. I doubt it, not with this el-cheepo head... :eek1:
Ok that's about it for now. I figure it won't take long to destroy the last two battery packs so I'm shopping right now...

Admiral

The fluttering sound is usually the tracking, check your feathering shaft before resetting the tracking. With batteries I was using cheap batteries when I started flying FB 450s & 450 Clones and they worked well, but when I moved up to FBL 450 & 360 size with HV servos, FC, etc the cheap batteries wouldn't cut it, flight times were reduced and batteries puffed.

Rob Lancaster

I was hoping someone was going to say the fluttering sound may be the tracking.
I'm going to work with it and see what I can do... Not today though, I got rain and thunder storms over the field so we're staying in the hangar...

Top Bottom