450 spinning out of control blade 400

hawk-i

Hello again guys I have a bit of an issue with my blade 400. I was using it on my training wheels to practice some nose in hover when I got kind of bored with that and wanted to fly a little. The flying went ok till I was about to quit and was just kind of taxiing back to asphalt to land and all of a sudden the helicopter just dumped to one side and fell out of the sky. The esc wouldn't fire back up. So I got it home and noticed the tail servo was not moving when I did get the esc to come back on. After powering back off and disconnecting the servo I noticed the servo was very hard to move by hand so I plugged in one of my old eflight dflrds76 servos that came off either the blade 400 or 450 I can't remember and it seemed to work ok. But anyway the problem I'm having is the helicopter want's to spin out of control no matter what adjustments I make. The servo that got tight was a hitec hs65hb and the gyro is a futaba gy401. I had to put a shorter horn on the hitec to get it to fit in the stock location but it worked great untill it's demise. I know that the hitec was an analog servo and the eflight is digital so i moved the switch on the gyro to digital but it didn't help. Anyone have any ideas?

Tony

Staff member
You need to go back through your tail setup. Different gyros have different directions. Take my HK450GT for example. It was flying great on the analog servos, I just installed digital servos in it tonight and had to reverse EVERYTHING. The servos interpret the signal differently from make to make.

Go back through it and make sure your stick is going the right way, then make sure the gyro is correcting the correct way.

hawk-i

Something told me it would be something stupid I did and the voices were right. I have seen the enemy and he is me. Went back through the setup and everything is good now. Thanks guys.

Tony

Staff member
Our pleasure. There are times that it's the most simple things that get us. Even those of us that have been doing this for a while over look the little things. Glad you got it going.

Top Bottom