Someone Stop Me...

xokia

Yeah, but cars are 2D and a bit too easy. Who knows, if I ever get back on days I may just do that and start racing again.
Yup.....that savage I have I converted to brushless and 6S power its pretty wicked but after 30 min I was bored again and now it sits back to where it was when it was nitro. I'd sell the dang thing but I would get no where near the few thousand dollars I have sunk into it. I enjoy helis so much more for the challenge. You are constantly learning and it seems to be endless. It keeps my mind entertained.

Tony

Staff member
This idea just went out the window. The wifes car just blew the engine up. We are going ot have to find another vehicle for her and it's going to come out of my Rc fund. It was fun flying while it lasted. You guys may see a 450 for sale so that we can come up with the down payment... total suckage.

Aregorn1

Man that sucks, been there though. I had to go through my tools last year and pawned most of my stuff to cover my daughters Epilepsy Medication. With my insurance its $500 a month. I lost everything but my camera, and that was a close one. Good luck man, hope it comes out OK.

Tony

Staff member
Bro, losing a car and having money troubles doesn't even come close to what you just put on there. No matter what, I would sell off everything I own for my daughters or my wife. I would flat give up this hobby if I needed to. My issue with the car doesn't even come close to dealing with that. I do hope she is doing good.

Aregorn1

Oh Yeah she is good, the Dr got her meds dialed in right and she has only had a couple of mild seizures this year. She goes to Georgia Southern and will be Graduating soon and ready for her graduate studies. She works part time for Subway, and covers most of her stuff herself. LOL I have to keep getting on to her about money, and not the way many would think. I have to yell at her for NOT asking for money when she needs it. I had to put the LAW down about two items though. Medication, and Groceries. I told her that I didn't care that she was 20 if she ever started skimping her meds, or eating one meal a day without asking for a little cash I would come up there and beat her A$$ for her. LOL I said that I may not be able to give her much, but I could help.

Aregorn1

Well I got the pattern for the extra 300 glued down and ready for cutting, NOW time to buy the electronics. Going to pop a question in the plane forum. :)

murankar

Staff member
I feel your pain Tony. Aregorn1 I hope things continue going good for you. I would hate to sell my stuff but sometimes you do what you have to.

Aregorn1

@murankar Yeah aint that the truth, that is one reason why, When ever I buy anything I try to get the good stuff, so if and when I have to sell it I can get good money. @Tony Ok catch you there later.

callsign4223

Staff member
Hey Tony, the problem with Baxter is that it's 3 miles off the end of Tinker AFB's N/S runway. You gotta keep an eye out for the AWACS and KC-130 coming in and going out. I ride my bike close to Baxter and see people flying there all the time, keep meaning to stop in one of these times, but by the time I get that far into my ride I'm usually toast.

Tony

Staff member
That reminds me of something else about that field that I don't like. You MUST ALWAYS fly with a spotter. You can't fly alone. Sorry, but I'm not going to wait for someone to show up just to fly a heli or a plane lol. I'm just impatient like that hahaha.

Top Bottom