Someone Stop Me...

Tony

Staff member
On the waiting, I was actually talking about flying the airplanes. I would say that I'm done ******** about hobbyking, but I like ******** about them too much lmao. Relieves stress...

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, but cars are 2D and a bit too easy. Who knows, if I ever get back on days I may just do that and start racing again.

We've been having weather that I can't fly in, so cars seemed like a good option.
Also when I head out bush, not always space or surface to use a plane or heli, but always enough for a car...
that's my reasoning anyway....
May race them too down the track....
but still keen to master that damn HK450GTv2

Tony

Staff member
Just takes time and patience bro. Start with the hovering exercises, then move on to the side to side very slow forward flight, then move into the figure 8's. It's all laid out in the flight school if you would like to follow along. I will be completing it shortly.

Yeah I know :)
I'll get there eventually...
I'll be doing that. I've got to finish fixing it up again... maybe this weekend if I get as much of my moving rooms done as I can. We will see what happens :)

Tony

Staff member
Just did some checking. The next closest field besides corcs is baxter field. It's over double the distance.

Baxter Field.jpg
corcs.jpg

corcs.jpg

Baxter Field.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Here you go. Here is a shot from overhead of both of the fields. There is far more North/South room at Baxter Field than there is at corcs. And no light polls lol.

Here is C.O.R.C.S.
corcs.jpg

And here is Baxter Field.
baxter.jpg

corcs.jpg

baxter.jpg

Aregorn1

Might sound crazy, but what about Plywood sheets for a runway? They wouldn't have to be that thick, you could take them up when you were done, and you could store them for later use. Of course I don't know how much runway you need, LOL I'm too new to know what a plane can do by looking at the name. LOL just reading some of the posts where someone lists the parts in there power set make my head spin, and then I read other posts like "Dude that is smoking" LOL

Mike (Aregorn1)

Tony

Staff member
Hey Mike, for my planes, I would need about 20 sheets of plywood. That would make an 8'x80' runway. I'm known for coming in for "hot" landings. My planes are all nose heavy so you have to carry a bit of speed when landing, or it will nose down on me. If I had them a little more tail heavy, I could harrier them in and do a nice 3 point landing like Tom (tominator) on here does. That dude can fly a plane. Me, not so much hahaha. I need a place that allows me to practice practice practice until I'm good enough to hover them in and just catch them. I can do it in the sim, but sim and real life are two completely different worlds.

Tony

Staff member
Holy crap, I need to move. Down in Duncan Oklahoma there is a field with a 2650' paved runway (17 / 35)! I think I can land a plane on that lmao.

wolfe field.jpg

wolfe field.jpg

Baxter looks nice...
The flying field where i used to fly has power lines to make life interesting, take off and bank left quickly!
Nice big concrete factories to the right, and a boggy marsh to crash into... not much room otherwise

- - - Updated - - -

How bout the runway Lee now has, they spent 120,000 euro on the thing!!

Aregorn1

:lol: Yeah, 20 sheets would be a little much, I would say sheet rock but that is to flimsy. but on the bright side, at least you CAN land. Me, it seems like if I have to think about it, "forget it". But in the Sim I surprise myself sometimes with some of the saves I make as long as I'm not coming in for a landing. hahahhehaha most of the time i just ignore the landing strip and just try to get it on the ground in one piece. Can yo say "I love the reset button. LOL

Tony

Staff member
That is what is great about the simulator. You can try and try again for a one time fee.

Just going over teh corcs website, dude, they need a webmaster that gives half a crap to keep the site updated. The last thing that was put on there was from June 2012.

Baxter Field requires testing to fly there. You must pass a series of flight tests to fly, but everything they talk about is for planes. I think they are another club that frowns on heli pilots. Guess I will just stick to what I have now for a while.

Aregorn1

I gave up trying to find anything near me, most of what there is you have to be AMA, or tested. The rest are all ground. :) that is why I am planing on going into all SB foamies or real tough things that can take a belly on the dirt. Been looking for a HawkSky, but I hay have to go for one of it's cousins. LOL that is after I get the guts for the builds I am starting. I think my wife is going to start beating her head against the wall and saying "Why, Why, Why did I get him that plane. LMAO

Tony

Staff member
You will find that ALL clubs will require AMA. It's a really good thing to have. If you lose signal and damage property or hit someone and they need medical attention, then the AMA covers it as long as it's not negligent. I don't know of a club that will allow you fly without an AMA card. It's good insurance.

At the club I was going to join before I moved to where I am now, you have to have licences to fly there. but they were very open to helis and planes.
They were a great bunch of guys and encouraged newbies, and allowed buddy boxing and stuff, and really wanted to get you your "wings" so you could go out and fly

Aregorn1

Well I was looking into the AMA but right now, where I will probably be flying the only thing I can just in my plane, :) and I am great at that. LOL There are Lots and Lots of open hay fields around where I live, I think the only hard part is finding out Who owns What. Here in Glennville there are a lot of BIG farmers who grow Vidalia Onions most of the time but switch out fields no and then. Then you have the Chicken Farmers. LOL I don,t think I need to tell you about them though. I graduated from Roland HS and I know OK is full of chicken farmers.

- - - Updated - - -

Pooh I meant to say "where I will probably be flying the only thing I can hurt is just my plane"

- - - Updated - - -

Well going to hit the hay, catch you all tomorrow.
Take it easy

Top Bottom