Someone Stop Me...

Tony

Staff member
It's driving me NUTZ not being able to fly my planes. Yes, I'm having a blast with these helicopters (because I have not crashed anything other than the mcpx lmao) but I want to do some more flying of the planes. I'm really thinking about sending an email to corcs to see if they would accept me back as a member. I just want a runway that is not 30 miles from me. Randy, I know you are going to read this, what is your opinion? I know you can't smoke out there, but still, I can't smoke on my base where I work either, and I make it work. Hell, I will get me some blu's and just use those.

Thoughts?

Karubah

oooow!!! someone sounds a little frustrated:biglaugh:.Launch off the street outside, that seems to be what everyone else is doing on youtube.:no:

Tony

Staff member
Just a little haha. And I can't take off on my road. Not only is there a LOT of trees on both sides and power lines, but it's 1" gravel. That won't work well with planes that have a 1" wheel lmao.

Tony

Staff member
I can hand launch all of them, that's not the issue. It's getting them BACK!!! hahahahaha. I like my landing gear lmao.

catch them!! hahaha
I was thinking of something like a stryker!
nice little ducted fan job, cut the fan stall it and catch it

Tony

Staff member
I can fly the RCH Trainer here at my house all day long. But I have two Edge 540's, and Extra 260 and a Rogue 3D Bipe that I am itching bad to fly again. The Bipe needs a bigger motor though and I robbed the motor out of the Extra for my RCH Trainer lmao.

Tony

Staff member
It wasn't really corcs, it was the University of Oklahoma (OU). They banned all smoking on OU property, and seeing as corcs rents the field from them, and has since the 70's, they had to follow along. No voting to move somewhere else, no chat about it, no meeting, just sent an email, and a ******** one at that, stating no one could smoke on the field. My biggest issue was with the president at the time of the club and the way he worded things. I may have over reacted, imagine that hahahahaha.

You over react Tony??!! I can't ever see that happening!! lol
ah yes.... I've had similar reactions to letters I've received in a similar fashion to you.
In fact just got one from the real estate, and if I didn't need the house I would tell them where they could shove the letter and their house!!
Instead they are getting a politley worded email on Monday that says the person that inspected the property is a complete moron and really should be trained better.
The wife had the flu (and pregnant) so she hasn't been able to clean properly, I had pneumonia, so I wasn't much chop, and it had been pissing down with rain for the previous week. She's come in and complained about the cats (I have a pet agreement that allows them to be inside), complained the mirror was dirty (there was a bit of splashing/toothpaste splashing on the bottom of the mirror) could've happened in the morning before I had to go to the Dr, oh and she had a complained about the backyard!! How can I mow the lawn in a swamp while I have pneumonia?!
But just the fact it was raining weeks at a time and the backyard is mud just didn't trigger that it might be hard to mow....
But that's my rant....

That's why I didn't walk in there today!! haha
I was going to, but didn't trust myself haha
Oh well.... The letter should do the job on Monday.... oh and I forgot to mention she complained about the front screen but didn't lock it when she left. I was just happy I turned up not long after she left.... didn't lock it and didn't close it properly either! I didn't worry about it at the time as I wasn't feeling too great, but now oh they are going to cop it!!

xokia

It's why I don't join damn clubs. Every time I get invited to go to one of these club events I always say no. I don't like being told what to do. And power tends to go to people's heads. I just go fly whenever I want. I'd figure out a way to make what you have work. Maybe lay some cardboard out as a runway? Or I'd start trying to look for something I could roll out as a runway.

Out here it's technically illegal for most rc vehicles to be flown/driven in public areas here, if you're not part of a club, you don't really have a place to do your stuff......
I still fly the helicopter, but try and make sure there is no one around when I do. I have the space for planes, but depends on how many people are around. I stick with electric so it's a lot harder to be caught out.... the noise doesn't give you away as much

Tony

Staff member
I wish I had a way to put a runway out in my field. Unfortunately, I just don't have that option.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
That sucks! our field is always open, so open that people throw their junks at the road entrance..Oh and I flew my P-51 today, whew! what a rush I was nervous for some reason, maybe cause its been awhile..... Love it.

Tony

Staff member
One, the money for something that large. The other thing is, I would have to roll it up after every flight because of the cows. Then there is the severe uneven terrain in my field not to mention the trees and fences around the field.

Ken Jackson

One, the money for something that large. The other thing is, I would have to roll it up after every flight because of the cows. Then there is the severe uneven terrain in my field not to mention the trees and fences around the field.

That sucks Tony, sorry no suggestions. : - (

Ken

Top Bottom