General Setting Proper Blade Pitch

Tony

Staff member
If you are talking about the servo to swash links, you need to adjust each one to get a level swash, then you will always adjust all 3 the exact same from then on. The blade grip links will be adjusted indipendantly at first to get them to read the same pitch.

Slobberdog

go in to your swash mix menu, in there you should have ail +60 ele +60 and pitch +60, change the pitch to -60 and that should be it.

Tony

Staff member
YOu need to make sure your blade grips are on the correct side, the swash should go up for positive pitch, and down for negative pitch. If you are going down for positive, then do what Kev suggested.

Slobberdog

YOu need to make sure your blade grips are on the correct side, the swash should go up for positive pitch, and down for negative pitch. If you are going down for positive, then do what Kev suggested.

Cheers Tony, should have thought of that,

DAL2855

Banned
Josh, you have to adjust all three servo to swash links the same in order for the swash to stay level!

madrat

Do the servo arms need to be exactly 90° at 0 throttle? Also isn't the swash plate suppose to move up when increasing the throttle? My elevator moves down as I increase the throttle. I have pretty close to 0 degree pitch @ 50% throttle, but only goes to maybe +2 @ full throttle. My eyes are starting to bug out starring at this thing. Kinda wish I would have never bought a 3 blade fbl heli. If anyone can help me out, that would be great.

DAL2855

Banned
Yes the servo arms should be subtrimmed to be at 90 degrees at midstick and you should have 0 degrees of pitch on th blades, then at full collective you should have +11 degrees of pitch. If your elevator is moving down, then it needs to be reversed in the radio.

madrat

Thanks, I could have swore I checked to see if reversing the elevator in tx would fix it, but it seemed the same after changing it. The swash doesn't seem to lift as much as it used to before I changed servos. I just spooled it up, and all seemed fairly well, but when it started to lift off, the nose came up first. I will check and see if I can get the elevator to reverse. Oh and this tx is a Walkera WK-2603 so that's already a pain as Tony has told me lol

DAL2855

Banned
No problem! I've never owned a Walkera radio so don't know anything about it! Sorry I can't help you there! Maybe someone else will chime in and be able to help you there!

madrat

Yeah, not many experienced pilots do that I have heard, but they came with these Walkera 4f200's we have. I did buy a Turnigy 9x but haven't had a chance to get it set up. Been slacking in the RC department, now have to re learn what little I had learned. Mostly from Tony and others here which I really appreciate.

DAL2855

Banned
I would personally take the time to setup that Turnigy! I have one and loved flying with it until I got my DX6 and DX8! Worked great!

madrat

Well you are going to laugh at me, seems when I put these new servos in I had the pit and aile swapped on the rx. Things are working like I thought they should. Good grief, almost all day working on it, and it was that stupid. Can I run more than one heli with that 9x? Guess I better get on it.

DAL2855

Banned
Oh yeah you can definitely run more than one heli on it! I had 4 at one time on my Turnigy. Each one had it's own RX. So all I had to do, was bind all 4 RX's to the radio individually, then when I was ready to fly, choose the model in the radio, turn it on and I was ready to go!

madrat

Are those RX's good enough for a EXI 450 and 500? Those are next to get ready to finish once I get these two Walkera's set up. Got the pitch set for the way I want it on the wife's 4f200lM. Time to put the training gear on and let her try and hover tomorrow if it isn't to windy. I'm hoping to video it so I can post it up here. Now I need to see where I left off a year ago when I changed the sevos on my 4f200. Had to do some mods to both of them to accommodate the henge servos.

Top Bottom