500 setting pitch with dfc head on stock hk500gt

wolfman76

i have a stock hk500gt heli with the align dfc head conversion with matching swash i am going through the mshbrain setup for cyclic at midstick i have +11 deg pitch on brain software i have 52% for pitch and 56% for cyclic.. at full pos pitch it is well over 20 deg pitch at full neg. pitch it is -5.. my question is is it possible that the stock cyclic pushrods are the wrong length should there be special rods for the dfc head these are rods off the flybarred head??

wolfman76

here are some pics that might help notice stick position in each photo i turned the tx sideways so you could see what the pitch guage read at each stick position...
20140707_180710.jpg20140707_180721.jpg20140707_180731.jpg20140707_181613.jpg

20140707_180710.jpg

20140707_180721.jpg

20140707_180731.jpg

20140707_181613.jpg

Last edited:

Slobberdog

looks like you might need shorter swash links, measure them up and I will find out the length of mine, but first thing you need to do is get 0 deg at centre stick.

- - - Updated - - -

just checked my manual, and the rods are 31mm and 47mm centre balls, now this is gonna be close for you but probably not exact due to the hk frames are diff to my pro frames

wolfman76

have to find my micrometer then i will check and let you know.. if they are wrong ones probably won't get zero at midstick until i get right size this is only thing holding me up

Lee

So at centre stick, your servo horns are at 90º?
And your getting 11º pitch?
Thats a long way off.

Lee

Your swash does look very high.
Can you not make the rods any shorter to the servo?

wolfman76

talk to the heli guy at my LHS today he said other then ordering new control links the swash is way to high at midstick he recommended grinding the rods down till it is mechanically midstick... So that is what i will be doing... TO BE CONTINUED....LOL

EyeStation

Just a thought, what would happen if you turn your servos 180 degrees to put the output gear at the lower side of the mounted servo.

wolfman76

think that would lower it way too much... i ground off about an 1/8th" off each end put the ends back on set tx to midstick i now have in normal mode -8 deg mid is 1 deg and full is 16 deg pitch... in iu1 i have 16 deg pos pitch mid is 1 deg low stick is -14 deg pitch and swash is perfectly level

Slobberdog

Sounds like you are close now,

but don't look at any setup in normal mode unless you have a linear throttle curve set in there, you will just confuse yourself and possibly set something up wrong, I've been there and done that believe me,

once you have 0 at mid stick adjust your swash mix setting for pitch to get the 12 deg collective you want

Lee

Just need one more turn and you should hav +15º, 0º, -15º.
Then do as Kev said and reduce your pitch in the Ikon menu to give you less pitch.
I would go lower than 12º. 11º is plenty unless you are doing Smack 3D.

Last edited:

wolfman76

As I am just learning the whole pitch set-up stuff where do I set swash mix once I get 0º midstick?

Lee

Totally forgot that it was on an Ikon.
Forget all that we said about adjusting the Swash mix in the radio.
You do it in the Ikon menu as I showed you on Skype the other day.
Got to pitch menu and reduce it until you get 11º

Sorry for the confusion.
I will delete the wrong information.

Slobberdog

Thanks Lee, just had a brain fart and thought the Ikon was better to set up than my 3gx

Sorry Kyle

I am used to cheap Taiwanese 3Gx rubbish, lol, cant do diddley squat through the gyro.

wolfman76

she be set ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i put + 12 -12 in pitch in software due to i plan to get into 3d pitch is spot on 40% cyclic is 50% everything is as it should be BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HAS HELPED!!!!!! NOW TO GET READY FOR MAIDEN OF THIS BIRD A GOOD 2 YEARS IN THE MAKING..... i got three packs to run through her 1 2650mah and 2 4000mah nano techs believe it or not the 2650mah i a 2 year old blue lipo pack.. man i am anxious right now been waiting for this for long time good or bad i will have video of this blessed event......

Last edited:

wolfman76

UMMMMMMMM THEY WON'T! !! Lmao will be flown without the canopy even with a lower battery tray mod

Last edited:

wolfman76

Right now pitch curve is N 25 35 50 75 100 IU1 is 0 25 50 75 IU2 is same
Throttle curve in N linear IU1 75% across IU2 is 80% across

Top Bottom