500 setting pitch with dfc head on stock hk500gt

wolfman76

Well took the heli out just a few minutes ago after connecting motor wires to check and see motor is spinning right direction. . Well she is spinning the right way and she got airborne nicely BUT the torque tube has white gears and our grass is kinda high I am pretty sure everyone knows where this is going.. Yup gears stripped CRAP!!!! Do they make the harder black gears for a 500 and how much do they cost time to research luckily I have 1 more set of gears time to replace and get a true maiden in...

Slobberdog

Not stripped a black gear since I fitted them but not got any of the helis held up in grass either, they are supposed to be stronger but how much is anyone's guess.

Graham Lawrie

Hi Kyle, glad you got there:) One thing I have done in a similar situation is to cut back the plastic on the eye. On one of mine it tells you to do this, I think it is the 450. I have cut a couple of mm off to get the correct length. I am sure this does not compromise the strength of the link:)

wolfman76

Well the bird is down n out for a lil seeing as I have no extra $$$$ for parts at the moment second flight bout 2 mins in she hit the deck not hard but hard enough to break the rightside landing skid in turn causing her to hit her side and that is what caused the rest of the damage. .
Parts to replace are as follows

Tail blades
New torque tube tailbox
Tail shaft
Front n rear torque tube gears (black)
Skid pipes
landing skids
Rotor blades(I have)
Not sure bout anything else haven't checked main gears feathering shafts or main shaft yet....
Have video can't see the crash but you can hear it.. I will upload it as soon as I can had to prop my phone on the ground so it is pointing up a little bit. ..

Last edited:
Top Bottom