General Rx question

murankar

Staff member
Dual diversity radio will support mono diversity. What It does is provide better reception no matter the orientation.

The key is to have the rx antenna at 90 degrees to each other in different planes.. One vertical and one horizontal.

So to clarify, having 2 dual diversity sats is no better than having 2 mono diversity sats at 90° to each other as I already have on my other helis?

Tony

Staff member
If they will actually work in diversity (dual diversity is redundant lol) on each receiver, then all you can get is better connection. But, if the receiver doesn't support those receivers, then you will just get what you got from a standard sat. On a dom, I would run two satellites. Standard 450, IMO, you are pushing your luck running just one. Anything smaller though is usually okay.

murankar

Staff member
Mono is a single antenna just to clarify.

Specktrum sat rx's have dual antenna where (from my understanding) one is the actual running antenna and the other is a back up.

So if you run 2 sats then one should run horizontal and on should run vertical. If your rx is like on the Neo with 2 antennae then do the same.thing; one vertical and one horizontal.

On my oxys I have them both horizontal but at 90 degrees . If you watch my videos you will see what I mean.

Top Bottom