General Rx question

bigone5500

I was looking on amazon and found some recievers. This one stood out to me the most. What are your opinions on it? Does anyone have this one? It's supposed to be compatible with Spektrum DSM2/DSMX.

Amazon product
51hlJAD111L.jpg

Tony

Staff member
For cheap, OrangeRX or Lemon are the two that have done pretty well out of the clone market. OrangeRx started it all, and Lemon is sort of the new guy in town.

vyrnguy

I got nothing against clones, just some can be a bit iffy. Don't get me wrong there are china stuff that works well and there are stuff that I stay away from.

Not sure on the Orangerx, but I've read some where with lemon sats can drop frames and the distance range is not that far compared to a proper Spektrum DSMX sat. Having said that you can get the drift on what I'm saying with clones beware on the quality, some are proven some are not. Do some research and try and find a review on that RX to help you save some time and $$$.

Again this may work well or may not.

Dennis H

the clones are never going to be that of the originals. Much better components in the originals.

I totally agree. I know one person who tried a Lemon Satellite and has an Orange receiver. So far he has good luck with his. I have a set I am going to try on one of my 450's for the heck of it.

But on my more serious Heli's, it will be Futuba "ALL" the way. I am not going to take the chance for a few dollars.

JMO, Dennis

vyrnguy

the clones are never going to be that of the originals. Much better components in the originals.

Yeah you can't beat the original for sure, the clones can work too, and of course having the latest and greatest for ie: Jeti, wont save anyone from a dumb thumb crash, which happens all the time in this hobby.

bigone5500

Thanks for the input guys. I'll do my research before a purchase for sure. Posting here with ??? is part of that.

Tony

Staff member
Absolutely it is! And that is what we are here for. There are others on this site that have run OrangeRx or LemonRx that have never had an issue. I have only had an issue with one OrangeRx and I destroyed it with a 30lb sledge.... I have never purchased a Lemon though.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
If I remember correctly, Smoggie is a fan of the Orange RX. He never mention about having problems with the orange being a lemon.

Smoggie

No, I'm a Lemon fan, I much prefer them to original Spektrum sats. The Lemon's aren't clones because they are a totally different hardware design, they just operate on the same 2.4GHz DSMX protocol. I've seen macro pics of inside of Lemon and Spektrum receivers and the manufacturing quality of the Lemon is easily as good, they are all made in China anyway!

Lemon receivers and sats actually have many features that still aren't available in Spektrum receivers. in the case of the sats for instance lemon do a dual diversity antenna sat (essentially two receivers in a single sat) where Spektrum don't have such a product. I trust lemon with any of my big helis. The only heli I have had any signal loss issues with was using Spektrum sats.

Jimbo

I purchased a Spektrum 9 channel for my 450. Worked fine, like the others I have, but when I went to run it up to track the blades, it failed. Pulled it out and could get it to work if I kept shaking it. Even the big guys can make a dud once in awhile. Glad I wasn't airborne.

Jim

Was thinking of trying the lemon sats on my 450 dominator. Can I just plug 2 of the dual diversity sats into the Fbl or do I use the normal lemon sats or a combination of both. I know Smoggie swears by them but not sure which ones I have to use. Price of Spektrum have gone stupid. £45 each...

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Just to add to this, I have a Lemon sat on my 800. AR7300 and lemon sat. Been so long I forgot it was a Lemon. Never a issue for me and I have telemetry on it too...
T

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Was thinking of trying the lemon sats on my 450 dominator. Can I just plug 2 of the dual diversity sats into the Fbl or do I use the normal lemon sats or a combination of both. I know Smoggie swears by them but not sure which ones I have to use. Price of Spektrum have gone stupid. £45 each...

Hey there Chris. I have about 3 lemons that I don't use. It probably cost more to mail the lemon to you vs buying one. I'll have to check. If interested PM me :).

Last edited:
Top Bottom