VTX Runcam Split 2 Issue

bigone5500

I plug my battery in but the camera will not power. No lights on the vtx. I plug the USB and I get lights. Any suggestions where to start?

bigone5500

It seems the vtx is toast. I inserted a micro sd with updated firmware on it and plugged in a charging cable as instructed. After about a minute I touched the board and it was blazing hot. I guess that's what you get for $80...

bigone5500

The one I'm talking about is in the description. It's the Runcam Swift 2. I have looked in the manual and online for troubleshooting tips and the only thing I can come up with is I over powered the vtx (dvr???).... The part that the camera connects to. It's supposed to handle up to 17 volts which is good as I'm running 4s. I'm almost ready to just get rid of all this fpv stuff. Too much crap going on here.

bigone5500

I have to apologize. For some reason I was putting 'Swift' instead of 'Split' for the product name. This is the Runcam Split 2.

Sorry.

Tony

Staff member
now that you say split, I had the exact same issue with one of them. Burnt it right up. They sent me a second one, and it's still in frankenquad and I have never used it (I don't think, been a minute). Kind of lost passion for that project after the issues I had with the company.

bigone5500

I'm down in the dumps with this quad in regards to this camera. I just soldered the board to the FC 5v and nothing. I get 4.88v at the dvr and no led lights up on the board. However, when I plug in the usb charger, I am able to iron my shirts quite well.

bigone5500

Oh, so I tried plugging both battery and usb and I got a camera image. ???? WTF??? So is the board bad or not? I still think something is burned out.

RandyDSok

I'm down in the dumps with this quad in regards to this camera. I just soldered the board to the FC 5v and nothing. I get 4.88v at the dvr and no led lights up on the board. However, when I plug in the usb charger, I am able to iron my shirts quite well.

Sounds like a diode ( or two ) is burned out on the battery side of the circuit since it powers up when you plug in the usb connection.

bigone5500

I don't know. I'm not good enough to fix a board like that.

The trash photo is really a joke. No way I'd throw that much money in the garbage. I'll end up getting a cheap camera to replace that one.

Any suggestions?

Tony

Staff member
Of course Randy would say that.... But he only says that because he is too skeered to fly helicopters and quads. You have to use a rudder to fly a helicopter hahahaha :poke:

Tony

Staff member
You can send me that board and I can see if I can find the issue. Kind of like I did on the flight controllers. I think I have one of these doing just what yours is doing, but without knowing the exact component that is getting hot, I can't say for sure. Hell I don't even know what is getting hot on mine, that was before I was interested in component level repair.

but I run a pretty simple setup. I will see if I can find the specs of the one that I really like. It's a runcam camera with a 200mw vtx then just use your goggles.

Top Bottom