700 Reserved for new 700e HV dfc project

xokia

So here is the maiden flight. Youtube compression kind of kills the quality. Wife didn't catch much of it she had 110lb rottweiler in one hand and the camera in the other. Rotty always wins this battle. This things flies so nice and is so stable. I still need to dial the FBL controller in some more.

trex700 - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
Yeah that thing was stable, Enough so that you could look away from it and down to your Tx lol.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah that thing was stable, Enough so that you could look away from it and down to your Tx lol.

That's what I thought when I saw the video too. That was a long state at the radio. There is no way I would do that on my radio still. Lol hahahahha

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

xokia

I have taken my hands off the controls completely and it stays planted. I was amazed at how stable it is. None of my other helicopter can I do that.

I had no intention on flipping it the first flight but with how rock solid it flew I couldn't resist.

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
they do have a lot of lift ... and it is true what they say ... the bigger they are, the more stable!

pvolcko

So you guys aren't going HV servos? or are you just using a 2s Lipo with Voltage converter/reducer.

I'm running CC Pro BEC with a tap for 12S in, or I can run a 2S lipo pack, and 6v out to the ikon. No HV servos. My skill level is no where near needing it so the extra cost wasn't worth it, as of yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Great flight! Looks like you need some more space to be able to open it up and see what you can do with it. :)

Last edited:

xokia

I'm running CC Pro BEC with a tap for 12S in, or I can run a 2S lipo pack, and 6v out to the ikon. No HV servos. My skill level is no where near needing it so the extra cost wasn't worth it, as of yet.
I doubt I can take full advantage of the HV servos. But it wasn't "that" much more. So I figured why not.

Great flight! Looks like you need some more space to be able to open it up and see what you can do with it. :)

Yea I can tell the park where I fly is probably to small for this heli. That and people are just plain dumb. Its hard to keep it away from people. I've had a small 3-4 year old follow me around the park as I tried to get away from him while his mom was sitting on her cell phone not paying attention. I kept moving around the park and the kid kept following me and I'm not talking about just a few feet. This was just with my 300x I packed it up and left that day.

When I test flew the 700 there weren't many people at the park which is what I was waiting for. So I got a small window of time to try it out and wasn't really trying to push it. And I had the wife standing next to me with our Rotty which seems to keep people away although he is a very nice Rotty. They dont know that and he barks and growls when anyone tries to come close.

Top Bottom