Rch flight log

Tony

Staff member
Charge a battery, start the camera and fly the thing!!!! I want to see it in the air!!!

murankar

Staff member
Spend $350 on the batteries and Tony will give you a free dog.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

treff

Getting through a couple of batteries today before the next storm hit. Everything going well on the flybarless 450. It was up about 20 feet and for some reason the motor cut out. Before I realised what was happening
it was hitting the dirt. Need new skids. Links on the fly bar. Feathering shaft and probably the main shaft not to mention the tail tube and tail bits. I checked all the wiring joints, connecter and I can see nothing wrong. I will have to strip everything out and get the meter
on things. Oh. well, it's been quite some time since I hit the dirt so not to bad. Cheers

Gerald

Anyone fly something today?

I flew Wed. afternoon, I have posted my newest build in the plane projects section, Actually it is a long story! Maidened the plane sunday and it would not turn, no aileron authority at all!
Ran it into a tree and it fell down a 10 foot bank and stopped short of the creek! I went back home dejected and confused. I reasearched aileron size and found my alieron size was too small by 10 Sq.In. Cut off old ailerons and made new ones, went from a total of 17 Sq.In. to 34 Sq.In. FFWD to Wed. Remaiden the plane.... YES it works flew 2 batteries thru it and dumb thumbit too close to the ground, cart wheeled hard. Plane is ok, motor... well I bent the bell and locked the motor, I took it apart this morning and with the swing press and vice got it fixed, ready to go again, once the fresh 14" of snow is gone!

cml001

Kool! Gonna have a pretty weekend according to the news.. But my hood is trashed! I'll be on cleanup duty and repair for a bit... But glad to hear someones fly'n... Post up fellas! Inspire me... Log ur flights here!

sarconastic

I flew my V912 today for one battery. Definitely a different ritter from the v911. I need to set it up though. It want to drift forward and right a LOT. I just flew it usignthe v911 transmitter but it took just about all the trim I had to get it to remotely hover. I am guessing a swashplate leveling is in order. Other than that though it flies really nice. First run I get it into a hover, then get brave and decide to make a lap around the back yard. It starts to get away from me, so I instinctively cut power. Plop buried it in a snow drift, all I see is Rotor, nothing else. Run, pull it out and start banging the crap out of it to get the snow out. That was better than when I landed a little rough and the rotor made a mess of a Doggy Surprise pile in the yard. Didn't hurt anything though. Flew for another few minutes before the low battery alarm starts chirping. Am looking forward to taking this to a bigger area when I get it set up better.

Woody

EyeStation

My brother failed to stop by yesterday and pick up his mSRx. I had 2 batteries ready to go at 3:30 pm, but he chose to go home and let me take it to him on Sunday.
Sitting here with a cup of Jo'. an open TX memory location and 4 fully charged batteries. <<No matter what math you perform with that<<, he is not getting the maiden flight!
Odd the manual tells to put your TX in Plane-Acro mode, did that, setting the rudder switch for the dual rates. Low rate Ail & Ele at 80, 15%, Rudder at 90, 10%, High rates all 100, 0%.
This thing will be a nice learning platform for orientation. Something about the low head speed that takes the sweat out of the equation. I tapped the wall with the tail motor mount about mid way through.
Then at about 3:45 i kicked up the rates to the high setting and watched how quickly it responded when laying heavy into the sticks with an almost immediate return of the stick, (due to stuff in the room).
But you asked for it too. I give you the Maiden of the Blade mSRx with 150mAH, 20C battery.
[video=youtube_share;mGEGTM8GphM]http://youtu.be/mGEGTM8GphM[/video]

Last edited:

cml001

Nice... If ur bro don't like that heli something's wrong.. I likie! Forgot how much that tail motor screams.. I've got no way... Well that's a lie I could charge from the truck.. Still clean'n my place, family & friends as well as neighbors.. Still no power... I'll post a flight as soon as I can.. Thanks for post'n bud... Keep'm coming! Were is everyone at? Fly fly fly!!!!

murankar

Staff member
Can't fly right now. Heli is in route right now. Should be here Tuesday and the 5 days of building and then maiden sometime around my birfday.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

sarconastic

I was gearing up for a big flight day today because the weather man said it was going to be 45 degrees, low wind 5-7 Mph. I was so stoked. He is a BIG FAT LIAR> its 27 degrees with 15-20 MPH winds. I hate those guys.

Waiting again.

Woody

Stambo

I had a couple of 10 minute FPV flights with my quad on Sunday morning.
For the first one I took off and put it in a hover then put the goggles on.
Wind was virtually zero so I had plenty of time to relax and "enjoy it".
Time to go nice and slow, watch my airspeed and altitude with the OSD.
Gained heaps of confidence, only took the goggles off once.
I have more batteries but I waited for my first one to charge (and for my nerves to calm) before doing my second flight.
Second flight I took off with the goggles on, first time and it was easy. I will be doing this from now on.
The wind had come up a little but still very low. Didn't worry me too much this time.
I did multiple circuits around my little block of land and started getting a bit lower.
Keeping an eye on the OSD is getting easier now and I am getting more used to judging the altitude.
By the time my timer signalled 10 minutes my hands were almost shaking.
Nerves, excitement, enjoyment all rolled in to one. :)
I only took the goggles off to land, I am not yet game to land FPV but it will come.
Wow, this is a whole new world opened up.
I can't wait to try somewhere different, my little block is getting a little boring now. :)
Video in the Members Video section before anyone asks. :)

Slobberdog

Well put two batteries through the 500 and two through the 130 tonight, just bedding everything in on the 500 hovering in the hall, feels like it has a lot more fine control than any of my other heli's then you look at my 130x and it feels like a hooligan, quick agile and tetchy

Really enjoyed it in there tonight, I am one happy camper now,

Top Bottom