Rch flight log

cml001

Ok... I was think'n this morning after dropping my son off a daycare and fly'n 3 battery's at my parking lot spot that we all post often about issues we are having or on issues of others that we try to help with. Fantastic! I believe that's what Tony created this site for... BUT!!... There are not as many(by a long shot) post about fly'n whatever bird it is we fly.. Whether it be a day at the field/park with your crew, stop'n by a field you think would be cool on a whim, or even bang'n round the yard or in the house with a baby bird. It's rare for me to film(try'n to do better with it), but I fly something at least every other day.. Even if it's the mSRX in the house with my little man while the wife is yell'n at me.. Gotta fly! So... In order to document flights and... Whatever... If you fly.. POST IT!!!! Doesn't matter what or where.. You don't have to have a close call or big story.. Just POST IT!!!

I'll go first: today at approx 8AM I flew 3, 5min flights with my 450 after dropping my son off at my local parking lot spot. I've been working on my inverted flight as well as regular backwards flight. Had fun.. Good flights.

Last edited:

treff

Nice idea for a thread. Please excuse spelling etc I,m using
My tablet and I have big fingers lol. I flew about 6 batteries worth today between rain and wind. I flew in my normal place with 2 450,s thats in the road outside the house. Not ideal but it does teach me discipline in the fact there is other houses close so I take my time and fly slowly. Really enjoyed all the flights and learning all the time. Next big thing is inverted hover, be back with me hand in the wallet lol.cheers

Tony

Staff member
I have not flown anything other than my mSR and mCP-X in well over a month.... It seems that I'm being pushed out of the hobby by finances and other "situations" that keep happening...

pvolcko

I'm itching to get out there. Most I've flown lately though is sim and a mini quad inside to keep the hover and FFF orientations current. WE finally got some snow and it is sticking around (first time in a couple/few years) so my thoughts have been in snowmobile land lately. :)

Graham Lawrie

Not had a chance to fly in ages in or outdoor:( Health, work, family all taking priority. Uploading is my big issue it takes hours.

Planning some soon.

treff

Sorry to hear about your situation Tony. About the same here I'm afraid (pension plan that went t-ts up) so left with very little. Was thinking of going back to work but a doggy ticker put pay to that thought.
Stick with it my friend. Even the crap times even out in the end. Cheers

cml001

Well... Sorry to here that guys... I flew another 3 battery's this eve while at the park skate'n... Still sick... Seems I'm left with a bad respiratory infection... But skate'n helps pump out the mucus... It's pretty gross, I won't go into detail... Anyhow flew this morn'n... Worked round the house a bit.. Lounged, and then went out to skate, fly, and party for a while with my buds.. Back home now with my feet up. If u have a micro... Fly it... Something.. Well.. Keep post'n.

EyeStation

Well I had a strange start to last nights flight time.
My parents came to visit Sunday afternoon, and I took the chance to show my stepfather the 130x and TRex 150. Showed him the mechanical workings of both. Explained the radio controls and let him see the effects of the swash movement and how it related to the pitch of the blades and when.
Then put a battery into each and show him my tail in hovering skills,lol. Was able to do a few piros with the 130x, but the headspeed of the 150 kept its movement pretty contained.
Fast forward to last night, first battery goes into the 150. Spool it up and she is spinning wildly, can't even throttle it up to 1/3 throttle.
WTH??
Pulled off the canopy and notice the 3 in 1 has a red led on. Hmmm? Go to my Gyro switch on the TX and switch it over, bam! Green lights back. OK, strange, but I can correct that.
But first thought, lets re-bind this thing. Go through the bind process successfully and the red led is back. Add a bit more gain through the TX, and 4 clicks up the led goes back to green. Cool, tail should not freak out any more.
Set her down, spool her up and I cannot get off the ground without dragging my skids. Bring the throttle down and she plants onto her skids, not lands, but plants down. Hmmm Pitch curve is not the same.
Pull the canopy and hit Throttle hold and start to look at where my servo arms are. Not centered. Hmmm again. Lets see what kind of throw they have. They are going the wrong direction. Aileron- wrong! Elevator- Wrong! Go to TX menu to reverse the functions.
Put it on the ground, kicked up the throttle and up she comes but very edgy. I had a good hover going on, but very overactive expo it felt like. Come on down for a landing to see whats up and she drives herself into the carpet. Snapped the landing gear pins off in the frame.
Frustrated and still unsure what happened overnight, I put a battery into the 130x and set her on the pad. Spooled up nice and into the air without effort. Got two more through her doing my orientation training, then packed them up for the night.

Why on earth did my 150 get so messed up between power-ups Sunday and Monday? Anybody??

cml001

That is strange... But hey!! Fly fly fly buddy! I dig it! I'm in and out workin on finish'n this bathroom... Plus it's rain'n pretty good here today, suppose to continue rain'n and freeze overnight into tomorrow.. Then snow Wednsday... Might get a baby bird up in the basement later this eve... But good to here! Keep post'n, I wanna kno who's fly'n what... Yeaah!

sarconastic

I upgraded my v911 today with the aluminum kit. got to fly it for about half a battery before the head screw came out. Stripped. Down right crappy workmanship, but it is cheap. cost more to send it back than to order a new one or repair this one. ANyway parked it for now.

Had a nother VERY short flight with my new V912. I was trying to set up my FS-T6 to control it and had most of the settings set from post I found on line...or so I thought. Bound it and test Channel one at a time and all working. until I get to throttle and I bumped it up slow to be able to shut it off in a hurry and it went from None to Full throttle instantly. Vertically left the bench and decided to destroy the prismatic lens on the fluorescent light above the bench. I reached up and grabbed it and flipped off power as throttle stuck there. Channel was just reversed. But wow what a less on learned. Had no idea just how much more power the V912 had over the V911. thank god for the Metal Flybar. No damage to heli but the light has seen better days I am afraid Lol.

They are talking weather in the 50's this weekend. So maybe I can get the RC help trainers out. I got the second one almost ready to fly, and the crashed one rebuilt too. I want airtime lol.

Woody

murankar

Staff member
Had the same thing happen on my first 450. Scared the crap out of me. Put some nice marks in the walls and ceiling.

Glad the heli survived.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

cml001

Lol.. I remember read'n that post... Kinda funny after the fact.. Bet u guys did crap ur pants tho..lol

murankar

Staff member
Looking back it kinda is but yep and the stains still show in my pants.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

EyeStation

I'm not flying tonight yet. But I am excited to show off the used mSRx eye found for my brother to learn indoors with. We found him a sweet deal from a neighbor for a Blade SR with training gear, couple batteries and the stock TX for $60. He likes it but has only had it about 3 weeks now, and not any time t take it out due to weather. He did try to spool it up inside, but I have since advised him against that if he is just learning.
So my eyes have been open for an indoor flier that he can relate back to the SR.
Found this cutie for $35 shipped. I have a charger for him and he has to pick up the batteries he wants.
I hope he gets some good stick time in before needing parts.
[video=youtube_share;ZpZDrwMau6Q]http://youtu.be/ZpZDrwMau6Q[/video]

HK Bumblebee Quad arrived today also. I'll post my findings on that one tomorrow.

Tony

Staff member
Correction to the video. This is a 2 servo model. No collective on this one, only cyclic. Interested to see how this flies. I have the mSR and it's just stupid stable. Hoping the X is as well.

EyeStation

No collective meaning that it needs an increase in headspeed to gain altitude?
And he got a new GoPro for Christmas. I am sure there will be more video than you want.

Last edited:

cml001

I have one... It's pretty sweet.. As stable as the reg mSR.. Got it for my son to try rc Helis with... He trashed it... So it needs a servo, canopy, and a frame(canopy mounts broke off).. I've been meaning to get her back up in the air... It's a sweet little bird... I like it... U and ur brother should too! It's a great trainer I think.

EyeStation

Would I also be correct in thinking this needs a more aggressive throttle curve programmed into the Dx6i? I suppose Pitch curve is irrelevant without the other channel being transmitted. Cool to know and think about this before I hand it over.

Tony

Staff member
You want a linear throttle curve with a fixed pitch helicopter. And yes, pitch curve is non existent in this model.

Top Bottom