General Rc-Help Trainer Plane

kaushal

Can you take a look at each page and see if there are any other errors ? because i dont understand anything otherwise i would have done it myself.
First i will cut the pages. Pls upload the corrected file.

Thanx.

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing, i am getting a Board locally to build this, they do not have Foam board but Coroplast.
I want to know that if i use Coroplast then will i have to use any Spars ?

Tony

Staff member
The plans are are correct, I can assure you. If there is a mistake, I can walk you through getting it built, but I did not find any errors. As for coroplast, it will work and may actually be better than foamboard. Coroplast is just a corrugated plastic which they use for street signs and such. It's very strong and pretty lightweight. We have been using that to make planes for ages.

If you are going to use coroplast, make sure to post up build pictures of each step of the process. You will be the first to do it. ,

sarconastic

lol. Tony. I built both my planes and wondered what that random line was for . Should have said something to you. But I got it figured out. I just assumed it was normal PDF goof and was adobes fault.

Woody

kaushal

Okay, can you check each page for any errors as i dont understand anything. i just know that for now, i have to print and get them cut by the Red Lines.

Also, in India only Coro sheet is available locally, so is it ok if i use it instead of Foam ?

kaushal

sorry, it was posted by-mistake. I thouht the earlier question dint come up on the forum. Yes, iw ill take a re-printout of the page and start posting pics.
One more thing, when you order some plane maybe RTF or ARF, does your customs stop it ?

Tony

Staff member
Any time something is ordered out of country, yes, it does have to pass through customs. However, because of x-ray and other techniques, it's rarely ever opened. They look at what is stated on the package and what they see on scans, and go from there.

Why do you ask if I may?

kaushal

Yes, i mean when we order some Rc Plane from Foreign, our Indian custom dont allow it because if the Package was an RTF then the say, Tx of 2.4GHZ are not allowed. And when the package is an ARF then they say, after assembling we will put the TX and RX and it of 2.4Ghz which will again become an RTF odel and not allowed. I wanted to ask you that when you order some Plane with electrnics from Foreign, does US customs detain your package for ANY reason ? or they never catch these Hobby items ?

Tony

Staff member
Ah, I see. Nope, they don't hold those packages here in the USA. 2.4 is an open channel here and is completely legal. So is 5.8Ghz.

kaushal

Hey, my exams are over now, i have received the ordered coro sheets. So, now what are the electronics i need in this plane which are also on hobbking ? So i will buy now on hobbyking. I need the plane to be fast because of high winds here, so pls suggest a high power motor.

Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
Sorry, been really busy and missed this thread.

The specs are on the plans on the electronics for hte plane. You will want a motor that spins 1000-1300kv and weighs 70-90 grams. It should pull about 300 watts. The servos are just cheap plastic 9g servos. And the battery is just a 2200 3S pack at least 35c. I wish I had time to look these up for you. If I find time, I will post the links. Even when I throw my back out the work never stops lmao.

kaushal

I dont know anything about motors but i really need a high power motor becuase of strong winds here, pls provide me with name and prop size. If possible pls explain how they are related.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know anything about motors but i really need a high power motor becuase of strong winds here, pls provide me with name and prop size. If possible pls explain how they are related.

Gerald

I will try to explain motor and prop relationship! The motors are rated in kv. ....high Kv motors are used to spin small props at higher rpm, low Kv motor can turn larger props at lower rpm.
The prop for lack of a better term is the gear ratio. So a 1000 kv motor can spin a 10 or 11 inch prop and not burn out, but take a 2200kv motor and put an 11 inch prop on there and it wont be good for long, burns up the motor! The lower kv running a larger prop will have plenty of torque to pull the plane around. If you use a 10x6 prop and it is not strong enough go to a 10x7 or 11x6 . Tony has the recomended motor and prop on the plans!
This motor is close to the same thing, may be bigger! NTM Prop Drive 28-36 1000KV / 400W Brushless Motor
and it will need a accessory kit NTM Prop Drive 28 Series Accessory Pack
Here are some props! 10X6 Propellers (5Pcs/Bag)
Hope this helps and if any one reads this post and sees some incorrect information PLEASE correct me! I am still a rookie at this hobbie!

Anil Patel

Hi Tony, First let me thank you for an awesome project - my son and I are having a blast making the rc trainer. We have printed, cut the boards. We have assembled the fuselage (instructions vary from the youtube video series). We were able to assemble both the wings, but are now stuck gluing the wings together - the dihedral. In your video you mentioned briefly that the joints of the wings were trimmed to make the dihedral. Can you please provide techniques for cutting 3.5 degree wing joints? Wonder if sanding may work? Your input in this matter would be much appreciated.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Anil, welcome to Rc-Help! The Rc-Help Trainer is a great plane for getting into the hobby, as well as building with your kids. I do apologize about the video being different than the plans. The video was shot with the V1 trainer, and we are up to a V3 trainer that is a little shorter and handles much better as well as easier to build than the first one.

For the dihedral on the wings, you can sand them and get the angle you are looking for. I believe in the video, I showed laying a soda can on it's side, and with one wing flat, using the can, place the tip of the other wing on the can, and that should be really close to 7º of dihedral. I cut my angles with a tool that is specially made to cut foam board. It's pretty much just a blade with a handle that you can hold onto a little better. But you can use a sanding block to do it, and it will more than likely turn out even better. Just remember to trim off any paper that is left over from the sanding.

And remember, this is a foam board plane. It doesn't have to be perfect. Just have fun building it, and have fun flying it. That is what counts!

Let me know if you need any more help. That is what we are here for.

Top Bottom