Rc-Help Trainer IS BACK!!!

llommel

I'll give those props a try after I get a new prop holder for the motor.
I think one of the shots must have glanced off the branch & a piece of it hit the nose cone.:emmersed:

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, good times. What size is your adapter? Is it bolt on or does it clamp to a shaft? I may have one you can have.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I have one of those. But I may be in the same boat as you are. I didnt' have enough threads and stripped out the spinner. It came with a nut, adn that is what I had to use to hold the prop on my Edge Mini. But I will look and see what I have.

murankar

Staff member
Right now i am tossing some Ideas around for the plane. I am just looking at motors that will work with the dynum esc that I bought for my heli. It is a 40 amp esc and I have the program card for it. I am looking at and esc upgrade for the heli so I can run a 6 volt system for the new servos, so that makes one less item to buy.

currently I have on hand are:
3 mg90s servos
1 esc
1 tx/rx (using the FlySky CT6)

Tony

Staff member
Use a 400-450 size motor on the trainer with a 10x6-10x8 prop. You should have no issues with that ESC

murankar

Staff member
thanks! I think I found one. That will be the last thing I order before I leave here. Onec the heli is done then I will finish up on the plane. I hope the boys enjoy this.

Tony

Staff member
Get some foam board they can color on. The board I use from Dollar Tree is perfect. Let them color on the pieces before you put them together. Makes it a little more personal for them and keeps them interested.

murankar

Staff member
Didn't even think of that. That should prove to be interesting to see. If I can I will try and video the kids hard at work.

Off topic what kv should I be looking at?

Tony

Staff member
800-1000kv. The one I'm using is 890kv and spins a 12x6 prop really well. I think a 10x8 would be perfect with a KV that low.

Top Bottom