General Raptor 90 questions

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
The 2 in1 is a voltage regulator provides power to your electronics and the glow plug. 2 cell 7.4v input, and internal BEC of 5.8 volts output for the electronics and i believe its a1.5V for the glow plug, I will have to look it up. Its a two piece hardware..the regulator and the switch for on/off and the push glow to heat glow plug. look it up..Align 2 in 1 voltage regulator.
The multi gov gives you the oppertunity to switch between different control modes(governed head speed). lower gov head speed or agressive 3D head speed. Tony can fill you in more on the installation. I never owned one, let alone installed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol we must have been typing at the same time, but you hit enter first

Tony

Staff member
Nah, I'm just a MUCH faster typer than you lmao. But no worries, you are a better pilot than I am lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Head over to Youtube.com and create an account. We can't allow uploads to the RCH server because we don't have the bandwidth or space for them.

Tony

Staff member
check the balance of your main blades and also make sure they are not too tight. I saw that you straightened your tail blades as well, those should be straight when you start also.

pvolcko

As you spool up there will be regions of vibration. From the sound of this video, you never really got it up to full head speed and full throttle. This was probably normal low head speed bobble and harmonic vibration.

But my experience with nitro is little, so I may be misjudging how high the throttle got.

FF781

Thanks for the in put. Couple of questions

How do check and balance the blades
How tight should they be. I have seen the shake test on youtube and every thing I seen shows they are not supposed to move on a helicopter this size

The throttle was between 1/2 and 3/4

Thanks
Dave

pvolcko

Main blades can be pretty tight. Like you said, they shouldn't move when you hold it and shake the blades down. However, you don't want them death gripped either. I get them just to the point they will fall a little bit, then snug them up another 1/8 to 1/4 turn and that's it.

Tail blades, I leave these fairly loose even on the big models. Not floppy all over loose, but loose enough where they will move with very little effort, yet still gripped securely so there isn't any twisting play between the blade and the grips.

Tony

Staff member
I wouldn't go 1/8-1/4 turn, that is going to tighten the crap out of them. Maybe an hour or two, but that's it. However, on a nitro, if you set them to fall with a firm jerk, they will be perfect. Nitros are some of the slowest spooling helicopters out there. I have mine set pretty loose, but if it were electric, I would be putting another hour on the bolt to help hold them when they spool up.

You want the blades to be able to sling out straight when it's flying in the air.

As for checking the balance, you can do it with a scale, or you can put a bolt through them both and use the teeder todder method. I have been meaning to make a new balance video, just have not had a chance to get around to it yet. Been quite busy.

FF781

How can I determine the size of this heli. I am not sure it is a 90. That is what they had it listed as.

Tony

Staff member
You can determine the size by the blades. a 90 will have 700mm blades. a 50 will have 600mm blades. Also by the engine size, but that's not always true because people out 90's in 50's all the time.

FF781

Thanks for all the info. I measured my blades and they were 22.5 inches which converts to 570 mm. On the motor on one side it has OS MAX SX on the opposite side it has 32 in a circle.

Tony

Staff member
So in reality this is a 30 size model, not a 90. 30 equates somewhere between a 500 and a 550 size helicopter.

FF781

That's what I was guessing after I started reaching. But I still think I got a pretty good deal. It come complete with everthing and running for less than 500.

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
As long as everything works as it should, it sounds like a good deal. This 600N that I have has about $1500 in it. And that is not counting the rebuild.

FF781

It seems that every thing works all servos motor seems to be ok. The plans in the near future is to get it switch over to my spectrum tx. I do not care for the walkera much. But it will have to do till I can get it changed.

FF781

Is there any videos some were that shows how to install a Rx on a nitro heli. Iam trying to install my spectrum AR6115e. The walkera has 7 wires going to it a and my spectrum only has 6 +bind port.

Tony

Staff member
The 7th wire is going to be for the governor or the BEC. If it's the BEC, then you can plug that into the bind port AFTER you bind it to your Tx. To bind your Tx, just plug the BEC into any other port like the gear port which doesn't need a plug in it to bind. But I would put the other 5 servos into it so that it knows their fail safe settings when you bind.

What Tx are you using? And I hate to repeat myself, but I have a governor that I will sell if you are wanting to run one. Just reminding you.

Top Bottom