General Raptor 90 questions

FF781

Hey there. I bought a Raptor 90 in a pawn shop. It has a walkera esc and reciever in it. I was wondering if the esc and receiver off a blade 450 3d would work

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
A nitro helicopter will not use an ESC, those are for electric only. What you need is a BEC to supply power to the Rx and servos. As for the Rx, what Rx does your blade have on it?

Tony

Staff member
BEC stands for Battery Eliminator Circuit. I'm not sure where they get that name since you still have to run a battery lmao. But, the Castle Creations 10 or 20 amp BEC will work well. There is also a YEP 20 amp BEC that I hear works well also. And, it's cheaper than the CC.

murankar

Staff member
Not sure what that is. The Castle BEC 10 amp is about $25 U.S. at heli direct. As for RX the Walkera will work if you have a Walkera TX, now they have the DEVO line. If you want to change you can it depends on the brand you want. The most cost savings route is the Specktrum brand. Any 6+ channel work but 7+ channels is recommended because you will want to run a gov. With Spectrum get yourself a DX7 - DX9 and make sure it comes with extras like satellites or other RXs. Once that is sorted then make sure everything is working correctly.

FF781

I have the walkera tx that come with it. But I have the dx6i that I was wanting to use. It looks like walkera tx takes some kind of battery pack. I cant swing the 7 right now.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, use the DX6i. It will be much better. And if you need a MultiGov Pro, I just happen to know where you can get one for $50 shipped to your door. I have it sitting on my desk lol.

pvolcko

BEC eliminates a separate Rx pack. You can use the main flight battery to power everything. Doesn't really apply to a nitro (the elimination part) since you have to run a separate Rx pack still.

FF781

Ok friends. I figured out my project chopper has the bec. I got a walkera wk-2602 Tx with it and a Rx 2604. It seems that that this Tx is discontinued the Tx is missing the battery pack and I can't seem to locate one. I would like to put my spectrum AR 6115E on it but I don't know that it will work the walker Rx looks to be a 7 and the spectrum is a 6. Any thoughts on this.

For the engine I have a good Glow plug but I am not sure the fuel is good any way tell if it is or not. The fuel is old. Any thoughts on this.

Thanks
Dave

- - - Updated - - -

That was supposed to a seven channel walkera Rx And the spectrum is a 6 channell

murankar

Staff member
Just get the multi gov and you dx6 will be a better fit anyways.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
use the specktrum TX and RX. As for your fuel, you need to dump the old and get some new. inspect the fuel lines for cracks or wear, change them out if needed. I say just go for a 2-1 regulator..problem solved and you dont need to carry a seperate glow igniter.

Last edited:

FF781

What does the multi give do?

- - - Updated - - -

What is the 2-1 regulator?

- - - Updated - - -

What does the 2-1 do?

Tony

Staff member
MultiGov Pro is an engine governor. It will regulate your head speed to keep it constant. On nitro, it's pretty much a must have. I have one that I will sell if you are interested. I won't use it.

And if you are talking about the Align 2in1, it's a BEC, and a glow igniter. If you google Align 2in1, you should be able to find some videos showing exactly what it is.

Top Bottom