Quad QAV 500 Rebuild

Lee

Maiden Fail!!!!
Its good to remember that when you turn the board 90º in the quad for easy connection of USB lead, that you tell the board before flying it DOH!!!!
Quad had a fit and flipped on the spot.
Lucky only broke one prop, and the one i had left was the correct direction :D

Try again :D

pvolcko

How are you plugging into that 6S plug setup as a few 12V sources? Just jamming pins in there? Stripped wires and gluing in place?

Lee

I solder the pins that normally go into the JST straight to the end of the wire, and plug them in.
I will take a picture.

Graham Lawrie

Looking good Lee, still not got mine going, flips over no problem:)LOL Cant get the programming right on the Arduino:(

SIXFOOTER

So, new motors fault or something else?
I really like that QAV, nice bird. Been watching this thread while I build my quad.
Mind explaining a little about the logic for that motor selection?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

So, new motors fault or something else?
I really like that QAV, nice bird. Been watching this thread while I build my quad.
Mind explaining a little about the logic for that motor selection?

Thanks

Lee

I don't think its the motors or ESC or the board. I had a shut down the last time before changing them.
Just ran it up on the bench for a whole battery and nothing happened. It ran perfectly.
I hate that, because now its more difficult to find the problem :(
My only thought is, because i was flying in high wind on a hill, my throttle was very low. On both boards I used, the board shuts the motors off after so many seconds if the throttle is low.

Top Bottom