500 protos 500 build.

danhampson

Ive got about an hour to my maiden, and the weather isnt too good its throwing it down, hope the rain stops before i get out of work.

danhampson

well the weather held up and i got to maiden her, wow what a heli.
my d/r are 70% DR and 30% expo gyro gain is at 70 (using dx6i), but i do think that i can increase the gyro gain as i didnt get any wag at all. There was just a slight drift to the left (nose).
so far ive found her very responsive and very stable and cant wait to put some more flights in (and get more video). If the weather holds up today i will try and get out again this afternoon after ive got some sleep.

heres the video its only short as me and my mate had just finished a night shift, and need to get some sleep

any thoughts or recommendations are more than welcome

Last edited by a moderator:

danhampson

ive just run the second pack through and been playing with the head speed (using an audio tacho on my phone). with the throttle curve at 0-75-75-75-75 the tacho was reading around the 2500 rpm mark and was quite twichy and quick so after a reduction to 0-70-70-70-70 the tacho is reading 2250-2300, i had to lower the gyro gain a bit as it started to wag.
Now she is even more stable and seems really locked in.
so just to give you my current settings for normal mode
pitch -2° -2° 0° 6° 12°
throttle 0-70-70-70-70
HS around 2250ish
gyro gain 75 (dx6i)
would lowering the head speed a bit more make her more stable/not as aggressive?
Im going to try a bit of forward flight with her in the morning and hope i can get my mate to film again.

Last edited:

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
congrats on the flight..really looking good..lowering your head speed would make it less aggressive and would give you more flight time. you have your expo at 30 you say, try lowering down a bit until it feels right for you. I fly all my helis with at least 10 on expo

danhampson

thanks island breeze, im really impressed with her. she is a machine that i can grow into.
I will probably adjust the expo when ive got a feel for her at the moment she seems very quick to react, much quicker that my 450 pro.

danhampson

Cheers gaba i was taking it easy as i wasnt sure what to expect, now ive tamed her down a bit im going to do some FF.
Im so excited like a child at christmas.

Top Bottom