500 protos 500 build.

danhampson

Thanks tony. Ive got the head to sort out today swash is a bit low and i need to set the pitch. Im thinking of running 13 degrees +/- and 9 on the cyclic, ive read about people running 15 +/- and 11 on the cyclic, that must be insane to fly. How is yours setup island breeze?

danhampson

ive done the collective and cyclic pitch ive set collective at 12° and cyclic at 8°,
just got the main and tail blades to balance, i take it the same process to balance the tail blades as the main's

danhampson

well guys shes nearly ready to maiden, head is all level and pitch set, blades balanced.
just spooled her up on the bench to check for vibes

Im going to reduce the collective pitch to 11° on recommendation from islandbreeze.
The things left to do are set pitch and throttle curves, fit the replacement washout arms if they turn up tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Looking good..Can't wait too see the Maiden and yes 11 is good to go as your base. my head speed 2150 in IU1 and 1800 in normal. you should be good to go at that pitch. I take it your using the MSH60 with gov mode on ESC.

danhampson

Looking good..Can't wait too see the Maiden and yes 11 is good to go as your base. my head speed 2150 in IU1 and 1800 in normal. you should be good to go at that pitch. I take it your using the MSH60 with gov mode on ESC.
yes im using the msh60. Do you know how the gov works all i can find is about using the prog card and i dont have one at the moment.
And the instructions are a bit rubbish

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That's one vibration less heli!! Good job! Good kit!

Fly!!!! Fly!!! Fly it!!!!

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Last edited:

danhampson

i was going to take it to the field that i fly to do the blade tracking and set the gyro up, but the weather has closed in, it chucking it down now.

It scares me a little, it sounds so much more powerful than my 450.
I'll have a look at the weather reports for the next few days and see what its going to be like.

pvolcko

From that vid it looks like there is a blade tracking issue. Appears as a wobble in the sections of the blade disc that have reflections showing. You can do most of your blade tracking on the ground. I wouldn't leave it spinning that long each time. Just enough for the blades to straighten out and see if it's tracking or not. Adjust one blade (the same blade each time), repeat as necessary.

Saves you from a lot of take-off and landing.

danhampson

ive done what tracking i can on the ground, i should be maidening in the morning after work weather permitting.
just phoned my camera man and he's ready for it. so its looking good, the weather report is overcast with 6mph wind for my local area looks like its all go.

danhampson

I cant get over the noise it makes, you can really hear the blades over the motor. Hope it flies as good as it sounds.

pvolcko

Yeah, first time spinning up my 550X was intimidating. Largest before that was a 120SR. :) This 700E I'm finishing up is huge and scaring me a bit just sitting on the table.

Graham Lawrie

I was amazed at the difference from my 450 to my 600 the sound is just awsome:) I would love a 700DFC:) DX8 first then maybe Santa might get me one:) HINT HINT Mrs Lawrie:)

Top Bottom