General Problem with Binding and Controls setup on Trex 450 Pro..

Kamper

Hi All,

I have my Trex 450 Pro put together. I bound the servos to my AR 8000 receiver to find neutral settings before installing linkage and servos functioned fine. I now have the 3GX unit installed instead of AR8000 with 2 remote satellite units, servos and linkage all installed and having trouble getting servos to respond. I get beeps with binding and red lights and flashing green lights, but servos have no movement. What am I doing wrong??

DSCF0073.jpg
This is what I am seeing..Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

DSCF0073.jpg

Kamper

Sorry should have added I have a DX7s transmitter and I also installed Bind plug during binding process..??Not sure what I am doing wrong..

Thanks,

Ken

Tony

Staff member
put the bind plug in and power on the 3GX. Then, hold the bind button on the TX and turn it on (make sure you are on the correct model). Once it's bound, teh cyclic servos should cycle 3 times. Make sure you are NOT touching any sticks, your T-Hold is off, idle up is off and your throttle is all the way down. When you bind it, your stick position will be your failsafe if you lose signal. So, you should have a slight amount of negative pitch and it should come down pretty easy.

If you are having nothing but all green lights flashing at the same time, then rebinding it should cure the issue.

Lee

If its a bind issue, I have had a few cases were changing the bind plug worked. I have 4/5 bind plugs, and for some reason some don't work with certain RX's

Tony

Staff member
Lee, I'm not sure why they wouldn't work unless the wire is broken. It's just a crossover cable that shorts out the signal and ground wires. May want to run a continuity test on them to verify.

Kamper

Hi Everyone,

I finally got the bird at least talking to my Transmitter.....I pulled the plugs going into the 3GX unit and thought they might possibly be polarity sensitive, so I reversed them all (black wires toward the body) and the thing finally bound and servos are working... Yippy!! My next project will be to set span adjustment for controls, tomorrow or I am off on Monday.

Thank you for your help, hopefully I don't fall into the Moron slot..

Ken-

Tony

Staff member
Never Ken, we have all done that at one time or another. Hell, I did it on my latest build lmao.

Lee

Lee, I'm not sure why they wouldn't work unless the wire is broken. It's just a crossover cable that shorts out the signal and ground wires. May want to run a continuity test on them to verify.

You would think so Tony. I have no idea why but some wrok with some rxs and some work with others. And i've used the same one 4 or 5 times in a row and it didn't bind, then on the 6th time it did. Gremlins are everywhere :D.

Ken. Glad you figured it out. As Tony said, we have all done that at one stage or another.

john2012

Banned
hi guys john2012 just bought my DX8 transmitter today and by tomorrow i will be getting my phoenix simulator too then my trex 450 sport v2 with the belt drive tail, oh tony hope i put this in the right place

Lee

Hi John, I sent you a Private message to help you out. You can find it at the top of the page under notifications.
Cheers Lee

Derek

you are getting Phoenix sim tomorrow??? Awesome! Catch me online sometime and I'll fly with ya!!! I'm certainly no pro, but I'll fly

Kamper

Hi All,

I took some time to adjust wiring once I received my second remote receiver. Wow you can really spend some time trying to conceal the wires. Here are two photos of what I did. If you have any suggestions on anything better please let me know.

DSCF0083.jpgDSCF0086.jpg

Thanks guys,

Ken

DSCF0083.jpg

DSCF0086.jpg

Lee

I heard the 450Pros are notoriously hard to make the wiring clean. You've done a great job.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Looks great! Only thing I can suggest is use some wire loom where the wires are exposed and where they pass thru the frame.

Tony

Staff member
That is a great job on the wiring. There is only one that I know of that was cleaner, and that was my old Align Pro lol. But, even it's not looking like it did. and you are right, you can blow a lot of time on it.

Westy

LEGEND
great job...... the only suggestion is have a look at where every set of wires comes out of the CF frame and either file the razor sharp edges off the frame or add foam tape between the frame and the wiring loom.

or the will fret and cut through your wires with vibration and time .... will eventually cause a catastrophic mid air failure.

Looks Great!!!!

I just rerouted all my wiring and sheathed them on my Trex 600 all but the elevator servo wiring is invisible to the eye now.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All,

I took some time to adjust wiring once I received my second remote receiver. Wow you can really spend some time trying to conceal the wires. Here are two photos of what I did. If you have any suggestions on anything better please let me know.

View attachment 4139View attachment 4140

Thanks guys,

Ken
great job...... the only suggestion is have a look at where every set of wires comes out of the CF frame and either file the razor sharp edges off the frame or add foam tape between the frame and the wiring loom.

or the will fret and cut through your wires with vibration and time .... will eventually cause a catastrophic mid air failure.

Looks Great!!!!

I just rerouted all my wiring and sheathed them on my Trex 600 all but the elevator servo wiring is invisible to the eye now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom