General Problem with Binding and Controls setup on Trex 450 Pro..

Kamper

Hi Everyone,

I am down in Arizona for 2 weeks, pretty cold here by Arizona standards, we saw 24 degrees in the last couple of days. I checked back home in Wyoming and was -31 this AM. It will be a week or so before the temps are back up and the lack off wind is back to normal.

I did the setup on the Align 450 Pro V2 as much as I felt really comfortable with and decided to take the bird to a local RC shop for final checks/adjustments. I live just a few minutes from a RC Shop that has a Aligned sponsored Pilot that is a real sharp kid, maybe not a kid really, but I am 55 and alot of younger folks look to be kids to me.

Anyway here is where the question comes...My Align contact says he had trouble with his own Heli with the 3GX system as it rebooted on him in air, not once but twice this happened during setup. So he doesn't like the 3GX unit. He prefers the AR7200 BX as it is better in his opinion. I am thinking there is alot of 3GX units out there and if he had a problem with it he should contact Align for a replacement. So what are your thoughts?? You like the 3GX or the Beast X unit?? Any comments??

Thanks,

Ken

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
7200BX is a unit you install and forget. It costs a bit.. BUt its very very very good and very very reliable..

3GX on the other hand.. is improving. A lot of us on this site have 3GX and never seen this issue anymore. There was an issue with them rebooting but it was said to be a voltage issue too.. if the voltage got a bit too low the 3GX was too sensitive and would reboot..

THAT HAS CHANgeD.. people are loving the way 3GX is becoming more and more reliable and steady. Right now 3.0 software version is very very good and big improvement. I was anti 3GX too.. but after some of its recent upgrades, I got one, and have bee happy.

and I run 3GX , 7200 BX.. and a MSH BRain too now (never flown the brain yet) ..

If you have the money.. upgrade it.. If you dont.. 3GX wont cause those issues now and is good to use! you should be fine with it.. :)

Top Bottom