450 Please help with this trex 450 pro vibration issue... Please!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
The servos are ds410m and they are freaking brand new... Lol... The blades are tracking yes, but the dampners being hard, they aren't dampening near enough. They are literally hard plastic. Ok I'll try the v2 dampened and the v2 shaft.. The linkages to the head are dfc.. Not much that can slip in there. If there was, then the blades wouldn't track. Right?

See I am going crazy here lol. :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Servos are rock steady on bench and in air..

Here is my find...

Dampener that came with dfc.. Literally plastic .. Hard plastic!!!

Got red true bloods... Stiffer than stock but great!!-->>

Check out the pick of me trying to squeeze them with needle nose

update: by Stock I meant here the ones that come with a Flybarred or a fbl 450 pro.. not this DFC.. NOTHING can be harder/ stiffer than the DFC dampeners.. I can throw it at someone and it'll bruise.. lol.. hard as hard can be.. lol

image-1252391297.jpg

image-337114791.jpg

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I do agree with you tiny about the gains.. But similar thing happened to my mcpx and it was vibes to the gyro board and the sensitivity of the gyro board. V1 never had those shakes.

Not saying this fixed it.. But it'll help ;) ..

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I am never touching a HK again.. lol.. This heli is all align.. I am keeping it align.. or max tarot.. . nothing less :D

Tony

Staff member
Tarot and HK are the same thing. I don't know where the crap came from that Tarot is better than align or whatever, but it's a bunch of crap. Either way, I know how you feel and if it doesn't sell, I'm tossing it in teh trash after bending it in every shape I can lol.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
hahahahahhahahah... try a tarot part... just try it.. you'll become a believer... lol.. I am not .. ever saying its as good as align.. but its next best.. HK and TAROT.. WAAAAAYYYYY different..

:) but did you read my update on the thread above on the dampeners.. I thought when I read it again, there was a confusion. . :)

murankar

Staff member
So what was the result of the new dampeners? Did they help reduce vibrations or increase them? Those True Bloods are a little softer than my KBDD dampeners, I guess I would say about in the middle of the ALign ones and the True Blood ones.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
yeah.. I havent tested the heli yet. I am at work.. But I have the heli here with me. Lunch break.. guess what I am testing.. heeeheee ;)

the true bloods have two colors.. one that are green.. they are harder than KBDD and red that are softer by a bit than KBDD.. kinda fill the void.. align stockers that come with FB or FBL are much softer than all these.. I wouldnt wanna go that soft though. with the align dfc "dampeners" , and the dfc head itself, there is just no limit to how much in control the bird felt.. no lag in response, and so much more precise in move start and stop. but I guess, I had issues going on there too .. lets see with these dampeners where they take me.. lol

Tony

Staff member
That will cause a harmonic vibration which will affect the gyro and could cause your issue with it having an aileron wag to it. Only one way to find out. Have you flown it with the carbon TT yet?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Haven't found a carbon to yet tony... Sucks... Have a part number ??? May be I can order it.

Here is my find now...

The gear was off but it didn't cause the vibes. I put a new tail boom block and a new boom. Checked the Tt and bearings again... Reassembled it, and vibrations actually got worse...

I got really frustrated this time. And these vibes this time were without blades and on the bench. Well... I start screw by screw and open it more finely this time...

Well here was the answer...

image-2724607912.jpg

As soon as this came off... Oh goodness ... Vibes .. What vibes???? Put it back, vibes... But still wanted to understand the fact where it would Go away on load... I put only tail blades this time...

Spool... HUGE vibration... Then I moved the tail with my hand making the gyro wanna compensate, and pull more pitch on the blades and thus putting load on the whole system in general. And the head speed and tail speed would go lower, and ye vibes went away.. Came back to zero pitch... And vibes.

Did that a bunch of times.. Checked and rechecked.. And this is the only peice that when it goes on.. Vibrates like crazy!!!

Well u guess I gotta make another trip to lhs..

My align metal Tt though is very very straight... No wobble at all. ESP with the new gear..

Let's c

image-2724607912.jpg

murankar

Staff member
All it takes is one loose screw in the tail rotor to send it vibrating. I know you probably already checked but make sure the screw are snug. I saw a video of a guy with almost same issue a while ago and he had a loose blade grip.

Tony

Staff member
You had an align TT that was carbon. It's the black one with aluminum silver tips. Same as I had in my Pro. Either way, with teh center bearing, and being supported on each end by the front and rear blocks, the TT shaft you have should be fine and have no vibration. Hope what you just found fixes your issues.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I think I nailed it!!!

No vibrations what so ever ... Atleast on the bench and on idle up...

Part number 45034 :)

Waitin for the batteries to charge...:)

Top Bottom