Spektrum Pitch question

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Today something strange I think, I was running up my 550 and the pitch wouldn't move but had full control of everything else. I don't know what I touched to fix it. Does anyone know what I could have done to cause that? I think I moved the gyro sw but no sure. It's a DX7s

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Tell us more about your helicopter. What gyro and receiver are u using? Did you mean you had no swash movement as you moved the throttle stick up and down but the swash responded properly to cyclic inputs?

Westy

LEGEND
has this just happened? or have you always had this problem? check your pitch curve .... and check your pitch Swash % those are the things that control pitch.

Last edited:

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
It's a flybar-less align 550. Yes, had cyclic tail and throttle but no swash up and down. AR7200b.

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
I would try all the things Westy suggested + rebinding the helicopter. It's also a good idea to go into MONITOR menu in the DX7s to make sure the TX is putting out the correct Pitch signal.

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
Also .... check to make sure that your wires have not come out of AUX 2 or Aux1 (which ever the 7200BX controls pitch with ) try unplugging and reconnecting the servo plugs. (especially the AUX 1 and 2)

stokke

The servo seized up, but then worked after a disconnecting and re-connecting the battery?

Westy

LEGEND
servos not siezed ..... as the Cyclics are all working .... just not the mixing for the pitch control - Unless I have mi-understood the post from the start.

pvolcko

Yeah, that's an odd one. You waited for it to complete it's initialization and give the happy wave of the blades? I've never interrupted it but maybe spinning it up during init will result in that? Or as mentioned, maybe an intermittent bind?

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Pitch curve was just linear. I can't seem to duplicate it. Ever hear the expression, "if it at broke don't fix it"? I upgraded to this DX7s from A perfectly flying DX6i. I ask my self, why....lol

Westy

LEGEND
they are good !!!!!
are you looking for Throttle curves? or Pitch curves or both?

Go to TOny's heli help section ... all will be revealed...1!!!!

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Bout to toss this rx in the trash can. This morning I was out with my 700. Range check ok. Lifted it into a hover and the rx started beeping at me. I set it down and the telemetry said 255 holds, 11 frame loses and 192 degree esc temp. Reset and try again but same thing. So not to ignore it I took it home and check everything and found nothing. What the hell? This thing has been one thing after another. Sorry, just venting

- - - Updated - - -

TX I ment

Lee

Have you tried rebinding the RX/Telemetry to your radio? I find most weird radio issues are solved by rebinding.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yep, tried everything. I've been trying to resolve this for two weeks now on the phone with the Horizon people. They are great people but they just don't know whats wrong. Thought I had it fixed but no. I most likely will be sending the whole thing in for them to look at. I can't believe I'm the only one who ever has used a AR7200bx and a TM1000 before?? They clam they have never gotten a call with these two pared together. Anyhow, when I get it figured out I will post. Hopefully save the next guy some hair pulling...
T

Top Bottom