Micro Picked up a 130x today

xokia

The procedure in the you tube video doesn't work on mine. Mine stays solid blue and none of the other LEDs light up.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
are you in throttle hold by chance ? make sure you are off throttle hold and all the way up on throttle when plugging in the battery.. if you want to go to that menu

Last edited:

xokia

are you in throttle hold by chance ? make sure you are off throttle hold and all the way up on throttle when plugging in the battery.. if you want to go to that menu
nope not in throttle hold

- - - Updated - - -

One thing bud... To really get anything out of these high C batteries ... You need a better quality connector .

You said your bird came down hot and I am not surprised.. It's simple physics :)

Blade connector (the white crappy stuff ) is rated at 3A wile their own esc is a 7A esc means any more that 3A and there is just too much resistance and you are basically loosing power

Micro deans connectors or even micro ec3's are all rated at 10A .. Lower resistance.. More power actually gets to your bird and less resistance ...

Thus low heat.

I smack my 130 with hyperions and Thor (which is pulse ) 450mah batteries and the bird comes down cool as a if could. :) I have all micro deans :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!
I'm an electrical engineer myself and I generally give the benifit of the doubt to other engineers when they design things.
Have you measured the current draw from the battery?
Resistance at a connector will heat up the connector not the battery. The ESR (equivalent series resistance) through the battery is what will cause the battery to heat up. The higher ESR the higher wasted energy as heat.

There is more then one reason to specify a larger speed controller then neaded. One of those reason is longevity. A larger ESC wil have a larger transistor and thus a larger surface area. The larger surface area will allow the ESC to run cooler and thus improve the lifespan of the part.

I'm not saying your wrong as I haven't measured the current myself. But this would be a bonehead mistake by the designer. Engineers like data to base decisions on.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey Like minds.. Lol .. I am an Electrical Engineer too .. working for samsung. :D...

but anywaz.. Yes, you have it just right sir, Esc should be bigger. Seen threads of Castle Ice 12A ESC on the 130x? Just the reason as you listed above. Many people are going with that mod.. not me. I dont need it right now, but for longetivity like you said PLUS for the governor feature..

now.. if the battery is HOT.. thats bad.. if its warm.. Thats normal.. TWO things blade engineers messed up on.. ESC.. you will see a ton of people burning a specific FET on the board and bunch of people offering surface soldering services to replace it.. and second was the connector. And thats why you'll see a ton of people changing theirs out too :D heehee..

WEll to be honest.. third.. the tail servo.. :D

Anywaz.. I wouldnt worry about your ESC much till you smack this bird hard like hard tic tocs or smack piro flips or pitch pumps.. and fast rainbows with hard stops.. thats gonna tax your esc and motor a LOT. but apart from that.. you are GOOD for now.

Now yeah if you are willing to you could change all that out and make this bird an untouchable beast .. where the electronics wont fail.. lol or just leave it as is.. DS35 is a great mod too.. definitely recommended.

I personally havent done lab tests on current draw. I donot take this as seriously.. I go by the feel of the components in flight... LOL i got too much to do on my bigger helis lol for worrying about this.. so let other people do the tests and I just simply take the results and test them out.. I have read a bunch on this thats why I did it.. and thenwith mods like this, if I feel like its good.. I Promote it.. If i dont I let it slip.. I didnt spend time on it. :D :D And with this battery thing , I really only know by the feel of the bird. I had the same exact thing happen to me when I went BL on my mcpx. I went to a better connector and Man it was noticeable..

Hyperions dont pay me.. :p so I cant say that the product you have wasnt crap.. very well might be haha.. only you know. Turnigies are great batteries too.. so are pulse 450's .. try it all out.. see which one you like.. tell us :) and then try another connector.. and see if that makes it feel better :)

Phew.. Rant.. been alone at work today hahahahahhahhahahah :p

Last edited:

xokia

Hey Like minds.. Lol .. I am an Electrical Engineer too .. working for samsung. :D...

Phew.. Rant.. been alone at work today hahahahahhahhahahah :p
I'm a chip designer at Intel.

I definatley need more batteries just have two for now. I have had the last 2 weeks off so I have been flying a bunch.
This 130x is a really great machine. It is what I had hoped the mcpx would be. It also seems to be significantly tougher then the mcpx.
I've crashed upside down and just a flip of the throttle hold and no damage at all. Its actually pretty easy to tilt the thing to get ready for a crash and crash a little softer. I'll try to get some video up this weekend. It is to hard to do when its just me out there.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Dude! so you are a VLSI and chip fabrication master ..... That was my dream.. lol Did my masters in it too.. But INtel didnt like me being from another country. So I got rejected.. dont want to hijack your thread with this.. heehee.. but man! I wish I was working in Intel . :D :D

Anywaz.. Looking forward to your video Sir.!! :)

xokia

Dude! so you are a VLSI and chip fabrication master ..... That was my dream.. lol Did my masters in it too.. But INtel didnt like me being from another country. So I got rejected.. dont want to hijack your thread with this.. heehee.. but man! I wish I was working in Intel . :D :D

Anywaz.. Looking forward to your video Sir.!! :)
We hire a lot of guys from different countries so if its what you want to do keep trying. Intel actually tries extremely hard to be very diverse.

- - - Updated - - -

When I was first trying to get on I got denied by a few groups also. You just have to keep trying and find the right group.

xokia

I ordered 1 turnigy 450mAh battery off of ebay and 6 turnigy 450mAh batteries from hobbyking.

So I should have a battery to compare against the hyperion soon and more in a month from now.

heli-maniac

did you get it in to the programing
if not go to the thr. curve and make sure its at a 100% not just the stick being up will do it you have to change the curve if you set it up like the book said to do

xokia

if not go to the thr. curve and make sure its at a 100% not just the stick being up will do it you have to change the curve if you set it up like the book said to do

Yup that was it thanks! Just needed to switch to flight mode 2

- - - Updated - - -

Yup that was it thanks! Just needed to switch to flight mode 2

- - - Updated - - -

I changed my rudder to -1 and left the others default. My tail only shakes occasionaly and I like the way it flies otherwise.

xokia

good deal now the fun will begin

o crap dubble post again no
That was my samsung Tab2's fault not the websites :(

Would be nice if Tony enabled edit and delete features. It would be nice if we were able to go back and edit spelling mistakes.

murankar

Staff member
Xokia;

your almost able to edit posts, need 11 more posts and you will have edit on your account.

Top Bottom