Micro Picked up a 130x today

xokia

Cant wait charge the batteries and see how it flies :)
495C6815-9EDD-490F-A3F1-8FDD86B61893-8025-0000005DC7B9E4D4.jpg

xokia

First complaint what are you guys doing for the charge plug? The 300 mA hour battery charger they give you is pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

I found this at the hobby store which works
5358C7D7-2A02-4A28-9E1D-78ED6C2042B6-8025-00000068D672FAB5.jpg

xokia

So I just gone done flying this little helicopter and I LOVE the thing. It was a really windy day today and it still flew great I did get some tail shake after doing some pitch pumps or flips. I think I have seen this is an issue with this bird. But it wasn't anything unmanagable. I started the thing up in some grass and the tail grabed a bunch of grass and locked up the tail DOH! To my delight I just unwrapped the grass and off in the air it went.

Compared to the MCPX this thing is so much better. No tail blow outs and when you do crash its easier to position the thing for a light crash. Inverted flight is so much easier then the mcpx. On my mcpx it was either falling or climbing while inverted. It was extremly hard to find a sweet spot where it would hover. With this one that issue is gone. It flies inverted smoothly and I can hover in one place.

Now for my complaints the motor does seem to bog when doing anything with a lot of pitch. This could be battery related I dont know yet. I have the stock 300mAh battery and a hyperion 500mAh battery. The stock battery seemed to have more power then the hyperion but didn't last as long. That's really my only complaints so far.

Has anyone tried the turnigy nano-techs yet? At $8 each that's not to bad just have to wait a month to get them :( I don't know why hobby-king takes so long to stock stuff in he US warehouse.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hyperion needs breaking in. Don't go by what the battery can do for the first 5 flights. The 6th flight, you will be scared of the head speed and power it'll give you :)

I get extreme power on that. And that battery is wayy better than turnigy nano tech. First hand comparison :)

And also the Thor 450 are good but not as good as hyperion .

And here is what I do for my charging of batteries.

image-1282648631.jpg

I had a old mcpx charging harness lying around and I have removed the stupid blade connector and put micro deans on all batteries and esc so, I charge 6 battered at once at 2C.. 20 minutes and I am set to fly for an hour or so lol

You can also find these connectors at Rc-connectors (if I am not wrong) , they make pre pinched and made blade connector type spider connectors and I have used that too. I got one lying around that take 3 batteries .. Good part about those , they balance the cells too. I don't recommend not balancing them, but I am honestly not. I even removed the middle white wire from my connectors and so I am micro deans now all the way. It's so much better and easier and rated at 10a rather than blade's 3A :)

Again remember all good quality batteries now a days are needing a break in. So if you want your battery to create a punch .. Don't drain it first 4-5 times any more than 90 percent and charge it back up.. And then after that you are golden ! You'll see the huge power change.
Fly safe!! :) have fun!

image-1282648631.jpg

Last edited:

xokia

Hyperion needs breaking in. Don't go by what the battery can do for the first 5 flights. The 6th flight, you will be scared of the head speed and power it'll give you :)

I get extreme power on that. And that battery is wayy better than turnigy nano tech. First hand comparison :)

Again remember all good quality batteries now a days are needing a break in. So if you want your battery to create a punch .. Don't drain it first 4-5 times any more than 90 percent and charge it back up.. And then after that you are golden ! You'll see the huge power change.
I have a 4 port 400w parallel charger so I usually always balance charge. I purchased a hyperion battery for my mcpx while I was waiting for my turnigy batteries to arrive and I was dissapointed in that one.

I'll give this hyperion a try and see how it goes. I've had pretty good luck so far with the turnigy batteries. Its about the only thing I will buy from hobbyking anymore.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I loved my hyperion550 on my mcpx

And I am telling you turnigy are good batteries but hyperions are way way powerful :)

xokia

I loved my hyperion550 on my mcpx

And I am telling you turnigy are good batteries but hyperions are way way powerful :)

The one I got was just a 250mAh. The connector was loose on it and I had to super glue the dang thing to hold together. Maybe I just got a junk one.
I only purchased the one. I was really dissapointed in it. We'll see how this one for the 130x goes.

xokia

One additional comment regarding the hyperion. When I flew the 130x the hyperion got warm after the flight. The stock battery did not get warm.
Usually warmth is a good inidcation of higher internal resistance. I think this is a 35C disharge hyperion. Which hyperions are you using?

heli-maniac

a few of the main things you need to do to it is
get the good red O ring kit for it a metal a gear and the best thing is a ds 35 tail servo if its a good one thats all u will need to make it fly great

do you know how to adj. the gyro gains on it to stop the wag and things

xokia

a few of the main things you need to do to it is
get the good red O ring kit for it a metal a gear and the best thing is a ds 35 tail servo if its a good one thats all u will need to make it fly great

do you know how to adj. the gyro gains on it to stop the wag and things
Nope I know none of which you speak of. Just picked it up today and haven't done any reading on anything yet. Which O-rings are you referring to? I do have an occasional wag but it's not significant.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
One thing bud... To really get anything out of these high C batteries ... You need a better quality connector .

You said your bird came down hot and I am not surprised.. It's simple physics :)

Blade connector (the white crappy stuff ) is rated at 3A wile their own esc is a 7A esc means any more that 3A and there is just too much resistance and you are basically loosing power

Micro deans connectors or even micro ec3's are all rated at 10A .. Lower resistance.. More power actually gets to your bird and less resistance ...

Thus low heat.

I smack my 130 with hyperions and Thor (which is pulse ) 450mah batteries and the bird comes down cool as a if could. :) I have all micro deans :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
O ring mod is a great thing. I am using some red o rings too. Might be different from these but I have them too.

I even have teeny weeny sized ones in my tail too. I got O rings everywhere . It's a good cheap mod

heli-maniac

O ring mod is a great thing. I am using some red o rings too. Might be different from these but I have them too.

I even have teeny weeny sized ones in my tail too. I got O rings everywhere . It's a good cheap mod

ya this set comes with the little tinny pain in the but to put on O rings

Lee

You guys are killing me. I'm gonna have to get one. My birthday isn't until May :(

Top Bottom