250 OK, Im bored with the 250 FlyBar.. going FBL

i have not been flying long so I decided to try the flybarless head and the FL760.

One question... Can I use the same ESC as I had on the Flybar head or do I need something bigger like a 25Amp?
I currently have a 15AMP kit ESC that came with it....

Thanks
D

Tony

Staff member
If anything, your amp draw will go down a little bit with the reduced drag of getting rid of the flybar paddles. Good luck and make sure to document everything as well as the maiden flight of this beast.

OK.. thanks Tony, I am sitting here looking at it, the head is on and im wondering about the length of the mixing armes etc... as I dont have any manual for the setup its all guesswork..
Getting all these electronics onto the small airframe of the 250 is interesting,
D

Tony

Staff member
haha yeah it can get tight in those little birds. As for the length of the links, unplug the motor, put the throttle stick at mid stick in idle up (pitch curve of 0 25 50 75 100) and adjust the links from the swash to the blade grips until you get 0º of pitch at mid stick. Then raise the throttle all the way up, check the pitch, then all the way down and check the pitch. If you have more positive pitch, your swash is too high and you need to shorten the servo to swash links. Do all 3 of them at the same time and the same number of turns. If you have more negative pitch, then your swash is too low and you need to lengthen the servo to swash links. Do this until you get the same pitch at high and low stick. After you get done with that, you will have to recheck your mid stick for 0º of pitch again, then check your positive and negative again until it's perfect. It takes a while to get it, but once you do, you are set.

You read my mind, I have just started to do that now.. But do I have to unplug the motor? (wires are berried) or can just switch it into hold?

Tony

Staff member
You can use throttle hold, but be careful. Those things spin fast enough to slash you open in a hurry. But I understand that you pretty much have to remove the plastic tray on the bottom to access the wires, so as long as you don't reverse the throttle or mess with any trims, you should be fine. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.

Tony

Staff member
Rob, it's harder to get to the screws on the motor than it is to the wires lol. There is literally no room in these 250's. Just running the wires can take hours to get right. But, motor is unplugged so there will be no graphic pics on the forum today lmao.

crashbash

Just going of mine, although tight I can adjust the motor ok, Your right over the wire run it took me ages to sort out a decent way, after shortening and braiding it looks ok, can also access the main shaft locking screw with no difficulty, will post some pics soon as

Rob

YEP.. SHE FLYS... but she is acting like a drunk mosquito at the minute.. I think i have some more work to do on it... What does not help is the size of my living room, my wife is asleep ten feet away and I am sure she would have something to say if I crashed it into the TV.....
Isnt that all part of the fun of these things...
OK.. ill try to shoot some video tomorrow and get it to you guys...

Also ... there are some Gain dials on the side of the 3G controller,that might calm her down a bit....

Till tomorrow....and Thanks again...... Cant wait to put this on the 450 now :wink:

Tony

Staff member
if you are getting aileron or elevator wag, then turning those dials down a touch will stop that. Once you get it dialed in, it will be solid. Well, should be lmao

Lee

Wow shes a chunky beast :D
One thing i notice is your elev servo is different to the two front cyclic servos. They should all be the same otherwise you will get weird cyclic mixing going on from the different speeds/travel/torque between them.

Also looks like your tail servo is rubbing against the gyro.

She is chunky, your right....
Man you Don't miss anything, you are right about the servo.... I thought it didn't make any difference... Ok.. I'll have a look out for mor of the same. I hate the orange HK servos.
The tail servo is close but not touching the gyro... Just the angle I shot it at.

Thanks for your comments.

Top Bottom