this poll is closed.

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Hey I need rear brakes on my pick up! You want to come up here in this snow storm and do them? Lol use one finger to type. That what I do! Ha ha he he! If you already do that then switch fingers!

Tony

Staff member
Mixture control servo? So you actually gonna use mixture control on this ?

I am fixing to sell my multigov... I got two now with programmers let me know if you want that... You won't regret the decision of using a multigov... :)

As far as mixture control servo horn (for the engine I assume) ... OS and I think some other manufacturers make those for OS engines that basically are a straight for instead of the high speed needle that you already have. Just count the clocks after you tune :)

I hope I didn't read that thread wrong.. If I did. It's too early. Get off me! ;P

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

I would love to have the multi-gov. It would give me another option. and yes, I'm looking for the horn for the high speed needle to connect to that little 9g servo that I showed in the video. Back to the multi-gov though, I doubt I would be able to afford it. But I will try.

As for that other stuff you are talking about, link me to some stuff if you can find it. If OS makes the horns, that would make it easy. As for all of the other stuff that you were talking about, I didn't understand a bit of it. Say it again.

Hey I need rear brakes on my pick up! You want to come up here in this snow storm and do them? Lol use one finger to type. That what I do! Ha ha he he! If you already do that then switch fingers!

If I only did the "hunt-n-peck" method, this site would be no where near where it is now lol. And no, I will not come up there in the snow to do your brakes. We are going to get our own share of the storm next week sometime. I hope it misses us. Otherwise, I see myself staying at the base for a few days. Not something I want to do again.

BOKI

Hi Tony; Split my one finger I type with & I'm already a slow at typing ! Here where I live Marseilles, IL we missed 14 inches of snow all went west & north of us to Wisconsin ! But we had 40 to 50 mph winds ! Nice & sunny & cold 26 degrees for the high! Don't need any brakes Though! :lol: :twothumbsup:

Microbus

You guys that are tight with Tony tell him to put the videos back up and to knock it off. :wink: The official bird must fly!!

RandyDSok

I agree.. Tony, don't let a little constructive ( or in many cases unconstructive as it often actually is ) criticism discourage your good work...

I would add my own criticism though... don't cut your head off when you have yourself in the pic... lmao

Tony

Staff member
don't cut your head off when you have yourself in the pic... lmao

And this is why I will not be doing anymore videos. I will not show my face in a video, so if people dont' want to see what I have put in there so far, then I will just stop making them.

RandyDSok

And this is why I will not be doing anymore videos. I will not show my face in a video, so if people dont' want to see what I have put in there so far, then I will just stop making them.

Then what about a POV direction instead... ie taking the vid shot from your own perspective similar to when you vid a plane flying but we are talking close ups of the parts etc... that way it doesn't look like you inadvertantly cut off your head in the shot and you can still handle the parts/pieces etc to show them off.

Just a suggestion to consider... I know everyone here enjoys the video's you put together and I'd hate to see you drop them for such a minor issue

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Then what about a POV direction instead... ie taking the vid shot from your own perspective similar to when you vid a plane flying but we are talking close ups of the parts etc... that way it doesn't look like you inadvertantly cut off your head in the shot and you can still handle the parts/pieces etc to show them off.

Just a suggestion to consider... I know everyone here enjoys the video's you put together and I'd hate to see you drop them for such a minor issue

Tony's videos are fine the way they are! This has been the standard for videos since the sight has been in existence why do you guys all of a sudden want change? What's wrong with you?

Westy

LEGEND
I concur.... Just do what you do and enjoy it .... let what the others think .... be thier problem..... I would not take it to heart. you put in some good heart felt inspiration and never forget what you are doing (and us all are really) is trying to make a difference...... keep up the GREAT JOB! ...... Gotta love this lifestyle we call a hobby .....

I would have never thought I would be asking the wife " CAn we take the heli?" .... haha .... just like I was asking to take a dog with us :)

That is how entrenched heli's are in my life ... AND I AM DAM PROUD OF IT........ it all started with You and ****** - **** back in the day when I got involved in this hobby and you helped me a lot. So you have made a difference and you can take a bow and be proud of your contribution.

A Special thanks to you from me! - Cheers Westy

Tony

Staff member
Sam, because change runs the world and progresses it further.

Randy, that is actually a really good idea that i had not thought of, but for good reason. When I'm doign any king of work, I'm always tilting my head to see into a hole somewhere, or shaking my head and so on. So the camera that I would have to use would have to have a bitchin anti vibration built in lmao.

However, I may have other ideas that I"m working on to completely take myself out of the picture. we will just have to see what happens.

Tony

Staff member
Westy, we do not mention that site or that owner on this forum. Long story, but it's an agreement between us.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ohh yeah that's where I met tony to westy. :) he helped me and lee helped me like crazy!!!

Still miss those chat window days.. But totally understand why it's not a good idea hahaha

Bach to the videos. Don't take it to heart. I am a trainer and one thing I definitely have learnt is that you can't make everyone happy.

I get evals back as a part of my job almost everyday .. There is almost always that one.. That will say you suck.. Or you did this wrong that wrong. I didn't get this that and the other. Out if 50...

Well I take it with a pinch of salt and move right along. I got a majority of people liking me and they understand me and learn from it I ain't gonna hurt them. :)

So is the case with you :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

RandyDSok

Tony... do it as you think best... I'm just still going in the direction sort of brain storming the idea some

Get a small C clamp that will fit the edge of the table you have the stuff on... attach a 15" post for the camera to mount to... the height shouldn't be too high so you can easily see over it ... so perhaps top of your chest high give or take.

I can think of an advantage this direction has IF your vid camera has a rear screen... if needed, you can see how your shot is centered without stopping the shoot.

Tony

Staff member
I have thought about doing something like this, but I would be using a tripod. I dont' like reaching over the camera because it always creates horrible shadows everywhere from the lights. As for the screen, I always have a 22" LED monitor hooked to the camera so I can see exactly what I'm recording as well as the mic attenuator to know if I'm over modulating the sound. But I will see what I can come up with. Have to get all of the cars fixed first and get this house back in order after the holidays. It's horrible looking around here. Just ask Matt lmao.

BOKI

Tony saw the videos on my I phone because my computer was down for & upgrade & you do a great job on all your videos! :lol: :twothumbsup:

Lee

Tony, the thousands of people you have helped with your videos compared to the very few silly comments, should tell you that you are doing a fantastic job. I hope the comment i made about only seeing your torso wasn't one of them. You and me have always joked about "The Body" and when we will ever see the man behind it :D in the videos, and i hope you took it that way. I was looking forward to the 600 videos, as i have never dealt with nitros before and i have almost the same heli here from a friend that i was going to use to follow your strip down and rebuild. Just do the videos the way you have always done them and only when you feel like it. Theres no pressure i'm sure from any of the loyal members to get on with it. In your own time mate.
All the best

Tony

Staff member
Just an FYI, your 600 and mine are pretty much the same other than the engine and fuel tank. I will still be doing engine setup and tuning videos, but the rest of it I have already done and is the exact same for 250's, 450's, 500's and 600's.

BOKI

Tony you run a good site & appreciate all you do & all your videos ! As for cleaning up at home that's a constant job I know keep up the good work! :lol: :twothumbsup:

Top Bottom