this poll is closed.

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tony

Staff member
The issue is, this is not a stock 3GX. If it were stock, I would not worry about it and just move on. Teh issue is, I don't know what program they have in this thing. I don't know where the gov is set, I don't know what version they are running so I don't know what throws to give it. If there is a way to completely reset it, I may do that but I would really like to see his program that he had in it.

Maybe I will just find a GP790 gyro and stick the flybar head on it... I thought about doing this anyway but later on down the road. In all reality, it would be best to start with a flybar head since it's a lot more simple than setting up a gyro. Know where I can find a gyro? lmao.

Edit: crap I would need to get some new links and such as well. The list never ends lmao.

Tony

Staff member
lmao, just the gears in this thing are more expensive than that thing lmao. Wait, you already knew that hahahaha.

Tony

Staff member
Okay back on topic. 5 out of the 10 donors have voted in the poll above. So far everyone has said yes as you can see from the poll. If I don't have the other votes here soon, I will send a PM out to everyone that has not voted.

BOKI

Tony; Don't feel to bad I never could get the bearings out of my feathering shaft & I tried everything! Got everything back together lube them with oil & they spin real good!

Tony

Staff member
I'm not following Boki. Maybe I'm missing something but what are you referring to? Or are you talking about not getting the head off the engine?

If you are talking about the engine, I'm just going to run it until it dies. Hopefully that will be a while seeing as a new one is $300 and it's $150 to rebuild this one if I can get it apart when the time comes. I have removed the clutch, fan, carb, backplate and glow plug and everything spins really free with no binding (other than the ring against the cyl wall) so I"m not too worried about it. If there is an issue, I will see it when it's at an idle before I take off.

As of right now, the helicopter is in about as many pieces as I can get it into. Well, almost. I have completely torn it apart including taking the frame halves apart. Yes, I shot video, 4 of them as a matter of fact and they are not that short right now. Hopefully I can cut them down pretty good. If you want to know when the videos will be posted, check out the thread in the Supporting Members section for details. I will be making that thread here shortly I hope.

I have to again thank everyone that has put in on this build. It's not too late to donate to help out, there is still a lot that we are going to need. But we are mostly there.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Does the ring look black from the exhaust port?

Black --> good (actually great!!)
Chromed out---> BAD!!!!

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Tony

Staff member
Yes, the ring still has the black coating on it. That along with decent compression is why I'm not drilling these bolts out. I have moved on and the videos I shot tonight I explain what went on with the engine. i only spent about a minute on it but it's in there, in one of them lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Well I got some bad news... The ZYX USB link will NOT work with the 3GX. I tried everything and unless there is something wrong with the gyro, it's not working. I installed all required drivers (FTDI) and it shows the USB link, but it will not talk to the gyro. Has to be something proprietary with Align that is blocking the signal.

So I'm hoping to find one on ebay or somewhere that I can buy before the one I found to loan to us is shipped. WHO THE HELL SELLS A GYRO WITHOUT THE FRIGGIN UBS LINK?!?!?! this is starting to piss me off.

Tony

Staff member
Sam, that is what I was talking about being shipped. I chatted with him tonight for a bit. What sucks is if he needs it, I will have it.

Jesse, returned.

There is another option that i"m thinking about. The USB link is just a 3G link and now that I have the plug that plugs into the side of the 3GX, I can just solder these wired directly to the dongle if I have to. Just wish I didn't have to spend $35 on a friggin USB link when this gyro should have come with it in the first place. Ah well, that's what you get when you buy used...

Tony

Staff member
Thanks to Gaba, I have purchased a "new" USB link for the 3GX. Just hoping I don't get screwed on this deal. And that I don't have to wait that long for it to be shipped. I guess we will find out here soon.

Tony

Staff member
Give me the exact bearing size. Don't have to buy align bearings. Many local companies make the exact sizes for helicopter for much much cheaper. What's the exact size? Let me know I can check with the hobby shops here

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Hey Gaba, what is the place that sells the bearings? I need quite a few of them for the heli. Let me know.

Top Bottom