this poll is closed.

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Well boca bearings website and Rc-bearings.com are awesome!!

Rc-bearings has cheap and amazing quality bearings ! :) Paul is great at customer service too... So try that first.

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Tony

Staff member
Looks to be about $20 in bearings. And that is the cheap bearings, not the ceramic. Will see about getting them at the end of the month.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Tony what about the full rotating bearing set? It's only $40. Then you will have spars for the whole bird!

Tony

Staff member
Link me to that one. I have not found a full set under about $98 for the bird. The bearings I need are the tail grips, tail shaft and large clutch bearing that's the same as a main bearing.

Tony

Staff member
Well that's a problem. It comes with a lot of bearings that I don't think I will ever wear out, and not enough of the ones I need to replace (ie. tail grips and tail shaft). I think getting just the ones we need is the best option.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
One thing to note as my experience goes. The Rc-bearings cheap bearings last much longer than usual bearings made in Japan :)

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure they do. And being metal shielded, they will spin more free than a plastic or fiberglass shielded bearing. I will order from them and try them out. I just have to get the cash to do so first.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks to donation from Graham, I just placed the order for all of the parts that I know I need now. I also ordered a switch, switch plate, velcro for the batteries and such, and the linkages to put the flybar head on the heli. IT's getting there.

Tony

Staff member
I'm happy to announce that I received all of the parts I ordered today. Now, I can mount the servos correctly, replace the links going to the blade grips, strap some things down and add a switch to the heli so I don't have to plug it in every time to the 3GX. This will save a lot of time and make programing the 3GX much easier.

I will see about doing some quick updates this weekend.

Tony

Staff member
By the way, that is an actual hat on the heli. I woke up one day and the wife put it on there lol. I decided to take pics. If you click on the heli, it will bring you into this thread. But I'm sure you figured that out lol. Just a little something for the holidays.

I'm not sure if I will get anything done on the heli this weekend. I'm going to try but I have been busy as hell on other projects. I put the LED's for the tank in the canopy to clean it up a little and ended up smashing my finger really hard with a belt sander that decided to grab. I'm having a very hard time typing this because of it. It sucks, but it is what it is.

If I do any videos, it will be shortening the servo wires, running the Gov wire, hooking up the mixture adjust servo (if I can find a servo horn that will fit and a screw. Oh, and the balls and links.. Yeah...). I have already put the switch in (very simple, not needed in a video) and I"m playing with satellite mounting as well as the battery, telemetry module and everything else that will need to go on this beast.

You know, you lose perspective on just how big this thing is until you stand back and look at it sitting on your kitchen table lmao.

BOKI

Sounds like you are really busy & doing a nice job on the heli & just do what you can so it will be & enjoyable experience! Appreciate all your time & effort! :lol: :twothumbsup:

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately, I have only picked it up and taken it out to the garage. I started cleaning the garage in hopes to get some move videos done, but I needed to work on the wifes Camaro. Just another weekend here at my house. More work than there are hours in the day. My back, finger and knees are telling me about it too.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Mixture control servo? So you actually gonna use mixture control on this ?

I am fixing to sell my multigov... I got two now with programmers let me know if you want that... You won't regret the decision of using a multigov... :)

As far as mixture control servo horn (for the engine I assume) ... OS and I think some other manufacturers make those for OS engines that basically are a straight for instead of the high speed needle that you already have. Just count the clocks after you tune :)

I hope I didn't read that thread wrong.. If I did. It's too early. Get off me! ;P

Top Bottom