Official Phoenix Online Thread

Stambo

I would try to get you a disk (since you are a valid owner of Phoenix) but I'm not sure it would work with your cable...

That would be by far the easiest answer, do you know someone close that can lend you the disk.

Derek

I dont have anyone near me that flies rc. My cousin has expressed an interest in learning but he hasn't bought anything yet.

wolfman76

I am closest and i have a legit disc. . But if i could make a copy orsend to you Derek then send back when you are done

Derek

So, I just spoke with Kyle, on Skype, and he is going to double check his Phoenix disk. He says it's possible that the disk that he has is the same as what I have, but he will check.

in the meantime, I think it's time that I just get serious about taking my computer into the repair shop and have it checked out. I've noticed some other minor issues with the speed of my computer but nothing major, so I didn't even consider taking it to the repair shop. Now, I think it might just be a good time to do so.

Here's to hoping!

Derek

Yes! Yes! Yes! YES!!!

Derek is back on Phoenix Sim v5.0.p! I got it installed, updated, reconfigured, and everything works...even the governor mode...even the multi player.

:banana::chickendance:

Derek

Yes! Yes! Yes! YES!!!

Derek is back on Phoenix Sim v5.0.p! I got it installed, updated, reconfigured, and everything works...even the governor mode...even the multi player.

:banana::chickendance:

Slobberdog

Brill Derek, you will have to detail how to set up governor mode as I can't get it to work can't see any diff in head speed when I try it.

Derek

No problem!

Click on "Model", "Edit", "Main Rotor", "Governor", "Advanced". Be sure the box is checked for "Enabled". There should be 3 boxes that you can enter the head speed that you want (Low, Middle, High). Be sure the box is checked for "Enabled". Once you've done that, you can close that menu. Then go into your DX8 and in the Throttle Curve menu, set your low curve at a flat 30,30,30,30,30, your middle curve at a flat 60,60,60,60,60, and your high curve at a flat 100,100,100,100,100. I actually set my low curve at 0,30,30,30,30,30 so that at low stick the motor is off in Normal mode.

That's all I did to set it up and it works. Also, on the sim...turn on your "Flight Info" window and enable the "RPM" to be shown. It will show you the RPM and on most helicopters, you can even hear the difference in the head speed....just like a real rc helicopter.

I hope this helps!!!

Derek

I have a flight session open on Phoenix.

RC Help is the name of the flight session
RCH is the password

I don't know how long i'll be flying but we'll see what happens.

Derek

I am on the sim for a bit. Is anyone else around for some flying and crashing?

RcHelp - flight session
RCH - password

Top Bottom