Official Phoenix Online Thread

Lee

Looks like i won't be on. Just updated to V5 and now my TX isn't being recognised :(

Derek

mine is still stuck on v3 and wont take the update to v4. Im thinking there is something wrong with my computer that is stopping the update.

Stambo

mine is still stuck on v3 and wont take the update to v4. Im thinking there is something wrong with my computer that is stopping the update.

My friend did a windows reinstall and had the same issue with Phoenix. I will find out what he did to resolve it and let you know.

Lee

Why doesn't it update Derek?
I just went from V3 to V4 in a few minutes.
It just asks you when you open if you want to update.

Derek

I'll start up Phoenix, it asks if I want to update, I say yes...it begins to update, I can see the progress bar in the lower right hand corner....I usually just fly for a few minutes while it's "updating"....once the progress bar is completed, I click on "Install"...it asks for my permission and I approve it...then a gray colored window comes up and says that it's waiting for a clear channel (or something like that, I don't remember. It's been a while since I've tried it).

I've tried dropping ALL my firewalls and that doesn't seem to help. I think there is something wrong with my PC that is not letting this happen.

Derek

I just tried to download it manually from the website. Tried going from the v3 that I have to the v4 and it said that the file that I wanted to download is not available. That's counter productive!

Derek

I keep trying, from time to time, and this is the pop up that shows up:

Popup.png

The progress bars never progress. It waits about 30 seconds or so, Phoenix reboots, and I'm still on v3.0.p.

Popup.png

Last edited:

Stambo

Try starting phoenix as administrator and then try to update, sometimes this is all it takes.
If that does not work let us know your OS version and what folder phoenix is installed in.
Last option, there is a program called teamviewer that allows remote connections, I know windows has its own desktop connection sharing but teamviewer is far easier to set up successfully. Then myself or someone else can check it out for you.
I know it can be made to work. My original install was Phoenix 3 with its plug in toy rx.

update

Ok more information now.
It seems Phoenix no longer host the 3 to 4 update.
It is a large file, over 800 mb.

Do a google search for phoenixRC_ANY_40k_update.exe
Download it from a trusted source and save it to your PC.
Let us know when you have done this and I will take you through how to install it.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I would try to get you a disk (since you are a valid owner of Phoenix) but I'm not sure it would work with your cable...

Top Bottom